Q. Is it normal to have pain in penis for a week after rough masturbation?

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 18, 2022

Seven days ago, I masturbated roughly and afterwards, I noticed my penis/genitals area in pain (burning sensation) around this area for seven days now. I also have noticed my groin/butt area gets really warm from sitting. I have noticed my urethra tip is red as well from seven days. I do not have pain while using the urinal or seeing any blood or discharge. I have started taking antibiotics (Doxycycline) but symptoms still remain. Did urine test and it came out negative. Is it normal to have these symptoms for a week now? Could it be something else than urethritis? How long do you think will symptoms disappear?

#

This could also be an allergic manifestation. Since there are no urinary symptoms, urethritis is less likely.

• Is there any itching?
  • Did you use any lubricating gel?
  • Did you change any soap or detergent?

Doxy covers chlamydia and other organisms for urethritis. Usually, a 15-day course is enough. If there is no improvement, you may also consider seeing a dermatologist.

No itching, it is more of a warm or burning sensation on my penis/genitals area that has lasted for seven days now. I did not use any lubricating gel or change my soap/detergent. I did masturbate twice that day and noticed the symptoms right after. Any chance of it being inflammation? The test came out negative for chlamydia. I was given a 10-day course. Did you get a chance to look at the photos? Any idea how long till I can see improvement if it is inflammation? Anything I should be concern about?

#

Yes, I saw those pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I would put it as:

1. Allergic.
  2. Viral infection (herpes).
  3. Fungal infection.

Complete your 10-day course. If symptoms persist, then you will need evaluation on lines of the three other possible diagnoses above. I do not think you should worry too much. If things do not improve, see your doctor or get a second opinion from a dermatologist.

|