Q. Can penile pump cause my penis to be numb?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am using a penile pump under the direction of a urologist. Over a period of each of five days, I think I had overstretched the penis and now have a loss of sensitivity and soreness with no erection.

Do you know if it will and how long it may take to recover sensation and remove the soreness? What are the treatment options? The numb penis is very distracting. I am not sure how much damage the penile pump could cause. I am worried waiting too long. Thank you for your help.

#

A penile pump is a form of physical or mechanical treatment.

Have you tried oral PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitors like Viagra (Sildenafil)?

It is not advisable to use a penile pump for long durations as any form of physical treatment is bound to cause some form of damage. I discourage you to use a penile pump as it has started to cause physical damage. Maybe your technique is wrong.

Numbness and soreness are very common and it will revert back to normal but after how much time, it cannot be predicted. It may take four to six weeks.

If you are interested, I can guide you in use of injection therapy in which you inject erection drugs with a small syringe in your penis before intercourse (you should not have any heart ailments for injection therapy).Injection therapy also has a few side effects. At present, you just discontinue using the pump and wait for it to heal. If you want you can continue using it provided you know the correct technique.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

I notice the penis is also usually cold to touch. It looks like the circulation is not working very well. Hopefully, there would not be any skin damage from lack of circulation. I will wait for another four to six weeks.

#

Yes, these are all problems with the pump as it can cause circulation problems also. Yes, better wait for four to six weeks and than take a call. I think it should resolve within four to six weeks.

|