Q. I saw a tiny lump in my private area, and I feel a sting when I have the urge to pee. Why?

Answered by
Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 08, 2021

Hi doctor,

Before few days, I had trouble in peeing. I had some hints of pain but it was tolerable. At first, I thought it was a symptom of UTI because I drink lots of water but I have laziness to urinate. Yesterday, I noticed a tiny lump in my private area. I am not sure about it. But it was painful with stinging when I had a feel to pee. I do not have a fever and the color of the urine was normal. How to resolve this problem?



Welcome to

Please mention some details regarding your present complaints. Please mention whether you have a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder or an urge to pee frequently even after passing urine. Please mention whether you have blood while passing urine. Please mention whether you have any low back pain or pain in the lower abdomen. Please mention whether you had any recent injury in your private parts. Please send a photo of the part having swelling. The swelling can occur due to the urethral carbuncle. It causes swelling near the urethra and painful micturition can occur due to UTI (urinary tract infection). Do an urgent urine test and take the following medicines to get relief from pain.

Investigations to be done:

You need to do a urine routine and microscopic investigations with a culture sensitivity test.

Probable diagnosis:

You have UTI (urinary tract infection) with a urethral carbuncle.

Treatment plan:

You can take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg one tablet after taking meals on SOS (save our soul) basis.

Preventive measures:

Drink plenty of water and oral fluids. Avoid holding urine and pee every hour.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Do white spots and stains on genitals indicate lichen planus?

.. gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is lichen planus. There will be itchy red to violaceous small bumps over the skin and on the mucosal surfaces like mouth and penis. It will have a whitish la...   Read full

I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.

But during a health checkup a few days back, RBC was detected in my urine ...   Read full

Is UTI contagious?

UTI - urinary tract infection caused by Klebsiella takes longer to get treated ... Recurrent UTI could be due to kidney stones, diabete...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Alzheimer's Disease - an Overview
Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative condition that can seriously hamper one's day to day activities and quality of life. ...  Read more»
My father is experiencing hospital delirium after ankle surgery. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am concerned about drug interaction for my father. He is experiencing hospital delirium after surgery. My ...  Read more»
Is there a chance for dengue reattack in the same season?
Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with dengue towards the end of last month. I was hospitalized for five days. I went through...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.