Q. I saw a tiny lump in my private area, and I feel a sting when I have the urge to pee. Why?

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

Hi, Doctor.

A few days ago, I had this trouble in peeing. I felt some hints of pain. They’re tolerable though. At first I thought it was a symptom of UTI, since I admit that I drink lots of water but I’m quite lazy to urinate. Then yesterday, I noticed that there was a tiny lump on my private area (on the tip). I’m not so sure if it was a wound or what. But it still felt painful, plus there was this sting when I feel like I need to pee. I have no fever and the color of my urine is pretty normal. How can I get rid of the pain? For your advice please.

#

Dear,

could you help me out with a few more details about your complaints like (A)whether you feel a sense of incomplete emptying of your bladder or an urge to pee frequently even if you have passed urine,(B) whether you have noticed any blood while passing urine,(C)Low back pain or pain in the lower abdomen,(D) have you suffered from any recent injury to the private parts.

If possible please get back with a photo of that part where you have felt the swelling is.The swelling that you have felt could be due to urethral carbuncle which is a swelling near the urethra ,and the painful micturition could be that added with a UTI as you might have rightly assumed . So please do an urgent urine test as mentioned below and meanwhile take the following medicines for pain relief till you follow up with more details.

Urine for routine and microscopic investigations.with CULTURE SENSITIVITY TEST,

UTI with URETHRAL CARUNCLE

Tab.Paracetamol (500 mg) 1 tab after meals sos

Drink plenty of water and oral fluids and avoid holding urine....pee every hour.

| 

Is it possible to have UTI because of sexually transmitted disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question regarding my urine. I feel I might have urinary tract infection, as I feel slight burning while passing the urine, and once the urine is done for a few seconds. Also, sometimes my urine is cloudy, or milky type at the beginning of the urine. Leukocyte esterase came posi...  Read Full »

Do white spots and stains on genitals indicate lichen planus?

Query: Hello doctor, Is this lichen planus? I also have white spots and stains on my genitals and inside my mouth. I have attached pictures for your reference. I had alopecia areata in the past.  Read Full »

I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two years, I have some problems. At an interval of 2 to 3 months, I sometimes get lower abdominal pain while urinating. A few months back, the pain was terrible for two days. I consulted my doctor, and he advised me some medications. He told that it is a case of cystiti...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»