Q. I saw a tiny lump in my private area, and I feel a sting when I have the urge to pee. Why?

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 08, 2021

Before few days, I had trouble in peeing. I had some hints of pain but it was tolerable. At first, I thought it was a symptom of UTI because I drink lots of water but I have laziness to urinate. Yesterday, I noticed a tiny lump in my private area. I am not sure about it. But it was painful with stinging when I had a feel to pee. I do not have a fever and the color of the urine was normal. How to resolve this problem?

#

Please mention some details regarding your present complaints. Please mention whether you have a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder or an urge to pee frequently even after passing urine. Please mention whether you have blood while passing urine. Please mention whether you have any low back pain or pain in the lower abdomen. Please mention whether you had any recent injury in your private parts. Please send a photo of the part having swelling. The swelling can occur due to the urethral carbuncle. It causes swelling near the urethra and painful micturition can occur due to UTI (urinary tract infection). Do an urgent urine test and take the following medicines to get relief from pain.

You need to do a urine routine and microscopic investigations with a culture sensitivity test.

You have UTI (urinary tract infection) with a urethral carbuncle.

You can take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg one tablet after taking meals on SOS (save our soul) basis.

Drink plenty of water and oral fluids. Avoid holding urine and pee every hour.

|