Q. Why am I having pain before and after urination?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

I have been getting a lot of pain before and after urinating lately. Mostly after. I urinate several times in a very short period. When I am done it starts to really hurt. I was checked last week for a UTI and it came back negative. The specific gravity in report was low. But they considered the report to be normal. It still bothers me. Any idea?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

The symptoms are surely suggestive of UTI and bladder hyperreactivity. I would like to advise you that you get an ultrasound of lower abdomen with kidney bladder and pelvis (uterus, ovaries) to rule out any stone lodged in urinary tract. Although your urine routine shows no pus cells but you get a culture done, it will identify the causative organism. Then you should start antimicrobial like Nitrofurantoin or other medicine to which the bacteria is sensitive. I have cranberry juice and plenty of fluids. Please show to a gynecologist, as sometimes a uterine prolapse or growth can press on the bladder and cause condition mimicking UTI.

|