Q. Is it possible to check the percentage of brain being affected by panic attacks in CT or MRI?

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Aug 05, 2019

I am having panic attacks. Can it be seen in the MRI or CT scan for how many percents of my brain is being affected by it?

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt

General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology
#

Panic attacks are due to molecular disturbances (in medical term known as neurotransmitters disequilibrium) in the brain. It is due to some stress or some time normally seen in type A personality or many times it is associated with people with migraine. It cannot be seen in the CT scan or MRI. It can be seen in a special type of MRI brain but it is used only for research purpose only in this time. Might be in future it will be available for routine clinical use.

Now we will discuss clinical part. Panic attacks can be controlled easily with simple medications courses 1 to 2 months course for each clusters with proper mind relaxing exercises and Yoga Pranayam.

Please go through my dad's CT and tell me how long we can wait for surgery.

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion on my father's CT scan (brain). He has been suffering from mild to severe headaches for about two weeks and is now diagnosed with a clot in his head that is causing a midline shift. I am uploading two sets of CT scan images, the first one on 26th wher...  Read Full »

What can cause panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full »

How can I completely cure paralysis in extremities due to stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 55 years old. For the past 20 years, I have been paralyzed in the right extremities. Initially, I took allopathy treatment but it was not helping. So, took Ayurveda and really it helped a lot. My voice came back but with stuttering. When I talk about something I forget some words...  Read Full »