Parents' Anxiety

I will have to drive for 10 hours with a newborn. Can I use a car bed?

Query: Dear doctor, I will have to drive with a newborn from a hospital home for 10 hours (delivery is in another state). Even though the car seat is fine for short distance drives, would not it be better if the baby can lie down flat? Assuming the baby is full term and absolutely healthy, would it be alri...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, there is absolutely no problem. The only thing you should keep in mind is that you should be driving slowly. And, your baby should not have any jerks while traveling as there is a high risk of bleeding from the head for premies. So, be careful and all t...  Read Full »

How to handle the ego of an 18 year old girl?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a teacher and I do not live with my husband. When I left my country my childern were 7.5, 6 and 2.5 years old. Now in the new place, they are 19.5, 18 and 14.5 years old. My daughter, who is 18 years old, is wild. She is doing her first year college. My daughter got involved with a...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter is 18 years and that means she is in her late adolescent period where these people do believe that they are matured enough to handle everything and are capable to take decision according to the circumstances. They believe so, but in actuality they are not ma...  Read Full »

In spite of not scolding my kid for lying, she still lies. How can I get her to confide?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my daughter. She is 7 years old. She used to say things that happened at school openly. At home, I never scold her for telling the truth and even if she lies, if she comes and tells me that, I never scold her. She gets severe punishment and beating if she lies. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dealing with a 7-year-old could be difficult. Acceptance is the key when dealing with them. Accept what she says without being judgemental. Rather than telling her what is right/wrong, tell her why right is right and let her do the decision making. Rather than scold...  Read Full »

How can my wife avoid passing on her eye infection to our child?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having a red eye. We are thinking that it is spreading to the other eye too. We visited an ophthalmologist and she said that it is viral conjunctivitis. She has prescribed Gatifloxacin eye drops four to five times a day and Moxicip ointment at night. This was three days bac...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are a few tips to avoid transmitting eye infections to those around you: Handle your child only when no one else can. Do wash your hands before and after instilling your eye drops. Wash your hands before handling your child (most important step). Keep your...  Read Full »

Will separation anxiety cause psychological problems for my kid in the future?

Query: Hello doctor, From the past five days, I am sending my 21 month old son to a daycare. For the first three days, they allowed me inside the campus. Since I was close by, he was playing well. But, from the last two days, they are not allowing me inside and hence he is crying a lot. Today he was a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concern. Yes, it is true that the child may suffer from some psychological problems when not staying with the parents or the regular care giver as it occurs in some foster homes. But, as you mentioned that it is onl...  Read Full »

My 5 year old kid does not listen to me. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old kid is getting me really agitated. He does not listen to us. He does something even though he has been told not to. He really gets on our nerves.  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do understand that your child's behavior is directly influenced by yours. He does have other sources of learning, but you are the primary one. This kind of negative behavior increases when you overreact to his faults and negative deeds. Do not get outraged is my...  Read Full »

My 2 weeks old baby refuses to take breastfeed. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My son, who is just 2 weeks old, is displaying worrying tendencies. He refuses to breastfeed. He cries when put to the breast. At birth, his weight was 3.77 kg. After two weeks, his weight is 3.5 kg. Should I be worried? His stool today was bit strange, a clay-colored stool was followe...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crying when trying to feed might be due to nipple confusion. Do not bottle feed. In first two weeks, there can be weight loss. If persistent, then give formula feeds with spoon or glass. Stool can be any color. There is a need to worry only if passing bloody stools. Nose ...  Read Full »

My 7 year old son has a desire to get married. How to deal with this?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old son says that he wants to marry when he see girls. He has a desire to get married. Please tell me how to deal with him. I am worried about him as he is too young.  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some children show such desire whenever they see opposite sex person. With growing age, such desire will decrease. You can deal it by the following measures. Whenever he demands marriage, never say no, It encourages him. Just tell him, you will talk with girls family. En...  Read Full »

Please help me with some parenting doubts for my seven months old baby girl.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a mother of a seven months old baby girl. I have a few doubts regarding parenting. She is still only crawling and sitting and not yet standing. We are concerned if we are giving her enough time and place. How long and how many times in a day we should keep her on the ground for her ...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iciniq.com. It seems that you are new to parenting and anxious about the health of your baby girl. Seven months old baby crawling and not able to stand is normal. Babies usually stand by around nine months and should be able to walk by around a year. Do not be so aggressive in maintai...  Read Full »