Lumbar Compression

Will Taylor's brace help my back injury?

Query: Hi doctor, A week ago, I fell on my back while climbing a ladder from 4 meters height. I visited the doctor the next day and he told me to do an x-ray and MRI of the spine. The report says marrow edema and mild compression of the L2 vertebral body adjacent and upper plate region and marrow edema in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem well. The decision of whether to undergo kyphoplasty or not is based on a few things. It is a must in case of severe wedge compression fracture. But, yours is not very severe and actual wedging is approximately 25% of total height. The next crite...  Read Full »

Is chiropractic adjustment recommended for lumbar thoracic pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Can you review my MRI findings?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but have no clinical information to go by and why this MRI was needed. Grossly, I can say there is good alignment of the spine, discs are not showing signs of bulging or prolapse. The ca...  Read Full »

Please interpret my mom's MRI for severe back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from back pain. I have taken MRI by consulting a doctor. Can I get the best suggestion for this problem? MRI impressions: 1. Spondylolysis of L5 vertebra. 2. Bulging L5-S1 disc with central protrusion, small osteophytes, hypertrophy of facets causing inden...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, first of all you have given incomplete information. Tell me if her back pain also goes to any of the lower limbs? How much distance she is able to walk in one go? Please tell what all medications she is taking? I cannot understand anything written by your doct...  Read Full »

What makes the leg numb?

Query: Hi doctor, At random times, throughout the day while sitting, standing and lying down my left leg will start to go numb. It will start right under the buttock in the hamstring area and slowly work its way down to last from 5 to 10 minutes. Then, it goes away upon movement. This has been happening fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Numbness in your leg while sitting, usually happens due to sciatic nerve compression. It can be compressed at different levels through its way, from the lumbar spine down to the feet due to disc herniation or muscle contracture. In your case, lumbar compression or pirifo...  Read Full »

Please clarify my MRI report.

Query: Hi doctor, Around four weeks ago, I drove for three hours. I had pain in my abdomen that had spread to my spine. I had to crawl everywhere for one week as I could not walk. The pain has reduced, but still I am uncomfortable. I have been advised by my doctor not to work until I consult a specialist a...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of compression of the spinal cord in the thoracic spine. There is also some swelling within the cord (cord edema) because of the compression. You can wait till the ...  Read Full »

How does my recent MRI report vary from the one taken eight years ago?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last eight years, I have a numbness in my toe, the one next to the big toe. Now, it slowly spread to just above the knee, and in the area above the ankle which is below the knee on the right leg. There is no sciatic pain on either side. I have mild diabetes from 10 years. M...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query, seen the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and understand your concerns about the compression of nerves and diffuse disc prolapse at the lower lumbar region. Although you have not asked about the next line of t...  Read Full »

What is the difference between thoracic and lumbar fusion?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you please tell me what is the difference between thoracic, thoracolumbar and lumbar fusion? Or are they all the same?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are 12 thoracic vertebrae and five lumbar vertebrae. The fusion of the body of the vertebrae between the thoracic spine is called a thoracic fusion. A fusion at the junction of the thoracic and lumbar spine is called a thoracolumbar fusion. And that between the l...  Read Full »

I have a constant pain in the lower back and kidney area. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I am very athletic. I am a person with diabetes and was diagnosed at the age of 6.5 years old. I am 5'9" and 165 pounds. My primary concern is that lately as in the last month, or so there has been a constant pain in my lower back and the kidney area. The pain is not sh...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the times the dull pain is benign and not a matter of worry. You also had a test to rule out any serious issues. I guess you do not have a fever, burning urination, etc. The next possibility is of spondylosis of lumbar spine or a disc problem. It is a spine probl...  Read Full »