Q. Does spotting four days after my periods indicate pregnancy despite having protected intercourse?

Dr. Natasha Bansal

I had protected intercourse. I have PCOD and irregular periods. I took tablet Deviry for five days and got my period after three days. It lasted for a day and had spotting after four days. Should I be concerned about pregnancy?

#

There is no chance for pregnancy as it was protected intercourse. The irregular periods and spotting can be due to the menstrual cycle.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

Please explain briefly.

#

PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and tablet Deviry (Medroxyprogesterone acetate) can decrease the bleeding and cause spotting due to hormonal imbalance. Do not worry about pregnancy.

|