Q. I have small cysts in my ovaries. Is this a serious problem?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2021

I am a 19 year old female. I have small cysts in my ovaries. Is this a serious problem? Can you tell me in detail about it? I have attached my sonography report for your consideration.

#

I read your query and went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The presence of multiple cysts in the ovaries is a common disorder and present in almost 8 to 10 % of the women.
  • It is not a serious problem but can present with infertility, abnormal periods, facial hair growth, difficulty in conception among others.
  • The disorder can occur due to various factors among which, obesity and sedentary lifestyle are of prime importance. It is possible that with the reduction of weight and daily exercise, you can control it to some extent.
  • In case that does not help, you may need medications to regulate your hormonal profile.

I hope this helps you.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|