Q. Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed. I am only asking to be 100 % sure. Best regards.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

• Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must.
  • Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease.
  • To detect a partial rupture, you require an MRI scan of the penis.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Thank you very much. So, even for the slightest strain or rupture, I would feel pain or an abnormality. Am I correct?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

• Yes, you should feel pain or at least a discomfort. You cannot feel 100 percent normal. There should be some symptoms.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|