Q. Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed. I am only asking to be 100 % sure. Best regards.

#

• Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must.
  • Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease.
  • To detect a partial rupture, you require an MRI scan of the penis.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you very much. So, even for the slightest strain or rupture, I would feel pain or an abnormality. Am I correct?

#

• Yes, you should feel pain or at least a discomfort. You cannot feel 100 percent normal. There should be some symptoms.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

MRI spine showed intramedullary mass at T4. Is it a cyst or malignancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an MRI of the thoracic spine and it showed an intramedullar mass at level T4. I was told it is likely to be a cyst and is not malignant. However, everything I have read online says that intramedullar lesions are almost always malignant and cysts are rare or maybe evidence of MS,...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take unbranded herbal tablets for short and curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old male. I have a short and curved penis. My penis full erection state is 12 to 13 cm, 4.7 to 5.1 inches, and the curvature is towards the left side. I went to a local sex clinic, and he suggested me an unbranded ayurvedic tablet. Is it safe to take tablets for penis enlar...  Read Full »

I masturbate daily. Is it safe?

Query: Hello Doctor,  I masturbate daily.  Is it safe ? Will it cause any problem?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»