iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersUrologypenile injuryHow to treat penis injury caused due to penis pump?

I am having injury due to penis pump. What can be done?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At June 21, 2018
Reviewed AtJanuary 19, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am suffering from a penis injury. I made the mistake 10 months ago of using a penis pump. It was at too high of a pressure and gave me a bruise just beneath the glans. There was burning, itching discomfort in that area at all times for around a week. It seemed to basically heal fully so I decided to pump again a month later. I used too high pressure accidentally 17 inches of mercury for a total of around 10 minutes. This reinjured the same previous area right beneath the glans. No new bruise, but the itching burning pain returned more intensely. I could not get a full erection for a week. My flaccid size shriveled noticeably. The erection quality returned fully, but I have suffered every day since in a lot of pain and discomfort in form of itchy burning sensation. It does not usually hurt when erect. Only hurts when flaccid. I have seen a good urologist last month and he said no signs of Peyronie's plaque. The diagnosis was a hematoma. He said to give it time and take anti-inflammatories. The anti-inflammatories make the pain go away temporarily but never cures. This interferes with my quality of life a lot. I am very concerned since it happened 10 months ago and still I have not recovered to normal. It has been the hardest year I have ever had due to this. I want my life back. Any advice or help would be appreciated tremendously.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

These symptoms are because of penile trauma due to high pressure. As urologist told you it is likely hematoma or nerve injury. It is good that your erection is normal and you are lucky that you did not have a major injury like a penile fracture. Let body heal itself. There is no magic medicine. If it is nerve injury it may take time. Better to continue with the analgesic. Get done penile doppler or MRI penis to adequately characterize type and extent of the injury.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai
Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

hematomapenile injury

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy