Q. I injured the head of my penis during masturbation. Will it heal on its own?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I injured the head of my penis, during masturbation, with a toilet paper roll. The cut seems to be half a centimeter long and blood came out but the bleeding stopped almost immediately. I used water to clean it (the blood seems to be stuck there) and then Betadine. Should I see a doctor or will it heal on its own?

#

If bleeding has stopped it is not necessary to see a doctor. Just apply Betadine (Povidone-Iodine) as already done by you and clean with Savlon (antiseptic) solution. Avoid masturbation for five to seven days.

With this management, it may bleed again. In that case, you need to apply pressure with fingers. You can also put gauze and surround with dressing tape or a band-aid. During masturbation, avoid using things which can cause trauma to the penis. Or wear a condom which can provide a layer of protection. Avoid bending of an erect penis.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I treated it with Betadine and oxygenated water. I could not find Savlon. There seems to be a white area in the wound that I cannot clean. It seems like dead skin but I am not sure and I am afraid if it is an infection. I uploaded a picture if you can tell. I have almost no pain and no bleeding at all.

#

This looks like edematous tissue and will resolve. Apply local Betadine.

And, I suggest you take oral tablet Zifi CV 200 twice daily for five days (Cefixime and Clavulanic acid). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

|