Q. I am diabetic and suffering from rashes and cuts in my penis. Please advice.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2019

I am a diabetic for the last five years. Presently I am having rashes and cut on my penis covering skin. Sometimes there is itching. Please advice me with appropriate medicines.

#

It can be balanitis from your description. Apply Miconazole 2 % cream or Clotrimazole 1 % cream twice daily. Please send image and revert so that oral medications can be decided.

I have uploaded the image. Presently applying Candid B ointment. I am diabetic using Glyree MV two times and Jardiance one time. Please prescribe medicine which is readily available in especially in my place.

#

Yes, it is balanitis, which can be due to bacterial or fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

1. Apply Miconazole 2 % cream or Clotrimazole 1 % cream twice a daily (DK gel or Canesten cream)

2. Apply T-Bact cream once daily.

If your partner has a similar complaint, she should be treated as well.

3. Take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet thrice a week (on alternative days) for two weeks after the meals.

Wash area with lukewarm water. In a diabetic patient, it takes a little more extended period to resolve.

Now it is 70 % cured but for rest can you please prescribe any oral medicine.

#

Take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet thrice a week for two weeks after meals.

|