Q. Can I get pregnant in the perimenopause phase?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I am a 34-year-old female, and I think I am experiencing perimenopause. My cycles used to be 27 days long, but now they are only 24 days. I also have endometriosis and have been chronically stressed because of it for the last five years. I am getting anxious in the evenings, feel tired more often, and get electric shocks all the time. My cycles are always regular. I do not have any children yet, and I am afraid that I will not get pregnant.

Kindly review my blood reports and suggest a good treatment option.

Thanks.

#

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.

I have gone through your reports, and I understand your concerns (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

As per your description, these symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance. But as you missed your period, it could be an anovulatory cycle. I suggest you do a pelvic ultrasound to see the endometrial thickness, thyroid profile, and hemoglobin test. Your reports seem fine, and you can try for pregnancy.

Take care.

Thank you so much for the quick response. My thyroid (TSH) is normal and my hemoglobin is 15.2 g/dL. I have not missed any cycles.

Thanks.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.I know your hemoglobin and thyroid are normal. As your reports are normal, you can try having intercourse on alternate days from day 6 to 16 of your menstrual cycle to get pregnant.

Thanks.

|