Q. What could be the reason behind my late periods?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2020

I missed my period and my actual due date was 20 days ago. But, the pregnancy test shows negative and this is happening for the first time. My period is always regular. What could cause this? What will the reason behind this?

#

At the age of 35 years and with the concern of your weight 39.92 and BMI 14.2, you may have early menopause.

Do a thyroid test. Sometimes, due to thyroid also your periods can get elongated.

Or it is more likely perimenopausal period from which you are passing and your period starts being irregular as 6 months to 2 years before menopause.

Try to put on some weight and see. Do one sonography to rule out any ovarian pathology and thyroid test. If tests are normal, then no need to worry. It is just a normal phenomenon.

If any other symptom comes along with, then we shall investigate it further.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|