Q. After using larger size silicone ring to loose the foreskin, I experience pain. Why?

Dr. Sandip Pramanik
This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 25, 2020

I am a 30-year-old male. I am currently using phimocure silicone rings to loosen up my foreskin. Yesterday afternoon I accidentally used a large ring 26 mm by wearing it for 1 hour 30 minutes. After taking off the ring, I have this persistent pain like burning and pressure on the tip of the foreskin (majority on the left side). I still have this pain and wanted to know if it will go away by itself? I am also using Betamethasone cream.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

#

I have gone through your queries. The only solution to phimosis is circumcision. However, you may have minor vascular injury inside the foreskin due to the use of a tight silicon ring.

You can wait and watch to buy some time for natural regression of the swelling or else you can straightway go for circumcision after consulting your local urologist. By few days to weeks, the swelling will reduce. But the permanent solution of phimosis is circumcision.

| 

I have visited my urologist last month which he advised me to do stretching exercises by using Betamethasone cream first to loosen the foreskin, and if it does not work then go for circumcision. I do not have any problems like infections including urinating or erections. I did see improvement from using the cream from pinhole to 22 mm opening. Do I still require circumcision? Will vascular injury by using the ring heal and cure by itself? Should I be worried for permanent damage?

#

I understand your concern. If you had improvement with stretching exercises, then you can continue it. From pinhole to 22 mm is pretty good improvement. If the foreskin goes beyond the glans penis slowly by stretching, then your purpose is served. You may not need circumcision in that case.

Now regarding the minor vascular injury, it will heal up by itself. The swelling will reduce. The pain will go with time. There is very less chance for permanent damage because the trauma happened to the foreskin only. However, if the swelling or pain persists, you can undergo one USG (ultrasound) and Doppler study of the penis.

Stop stretching exercises for the time being and wait for the pain and swelling to reduce. Then you can restart it. Do not worry. I hope everything will be absolutely fine within few days.

| 

It is difficult to revert the penis skin back. Please provide a solution.

Query: Hello doctor,My penis skin has become too tight and it is difficult to revert it. Can you please provide me a solution for this?  Read Full »

Can I have sex with phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »

How can foreskin be released from head of penis without pain?

Query: Hello doctor,My foreskin is attached to the head of the penis. Is there any solution to release it without pain?  Read Full »