Q. I am currently suffering from external piles. Please help.

Dr. Malvika Rao
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

Hello doctor, I'm a 29 years old male patient, I'm currently suffering from external piles. I experience pains when passing out stool. I haven't taken any medication yet. Please help

#

Hello Welcome to icliniq.co I get your concern, but to prescribe a proper treatment I have to inspect you properly in order to provide you the specific treatment and for that I will be needing a brief past history of any chronic illness and commodities, any medications you are taking, along with your personal history. External hemorrhoids are hemorrhoids that affect veins outside the anus. These hemorrhoids can cause bleeding, cracking, and itching. These home remedies can help you with the situation: -taking warm baths -gently cleaning the anus after a bowel movement, often by using moistened wipes or cotton pads. -applying cloth-covered ice packs to reduce swelling. -taking over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, to relieve pain and discomfort. -applying ointments, such as creams with witch hazel or hydrocortisone- that relieve itching. If these remedies doesn’t help, consult a surgeon for a detailed assessment. Get back if you have further doubt or query. Hope you feel better.

Proctoscopy

External haemorrhoid

|