Q. My husband is suffering from constipation and piles, but no bleeding. Please advise.

Answered by
Dr. Kumar Sonal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 30, 2020

Hi doctor,

My husband is suffering from piles, but he has no bleeding. He has the problem of constipation due to this; it is very painful. Please suggest the best and latest treatment for this. Which hospital can we approach for the best treatment? What will be the expense for this?



Welcome to

Sorry to hear about your husband's complaints of piles along with fissure. The route cause of both is underlying chronic constipation. That should be taken care of simultaneously. Taking a laxative should be of immense help. As far as the treatment of piles is concerned, it can be managed both conservatively as well as surgically depending on the grade of piles. A grade 1 or grade 2 piles are usually driven medically.

On the other hand, a grade 3 or grade 4 piles usually requires surgery. A thorough clinical evaluation by a surgeon is needed. As far as the type of surgery is concerned, there are many modalities, including but not limited to, hemorrhoidectomy, hemorrhoidopexy, etc. I would recommend stapled hemorrhoidopexy (MIPH). For an anal fissure, it often requires lateral sphincterotomy, which can be done in the same sitting or a later date. Get in touch with an surgical gastroenterologist to get your husband evaluated and decide on a further course.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Preventing Constipation Naturally

  Make sure to chew your food properly, and avoid drinking water intermittently while eating ... Avoid frequent use of purgatives/ laxatives ... Follow these steps and stay away from ...   Read full

How can anal fissure be treated?

For fissures, the following remedies work wonders: Sitz bath thrice a day for 15 minutes each time ... Sitz bath means you should si...   Read full

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

I avoid eating spicy foods ... Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Coronavirus Variant Arcturus: | Omicron XBB.1.16 Variant
Arcturus is an emerging variant of the Omicron virus that causes various symptoms and spreads rapidly across the world. ...  Read more»
Adrenaline Rush - Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and How to Control
Adrenaline is a hormone responsible for fight or flight response. It is also a neurotransmitter and medicine. It is also...  Read more»
Fatty Liver - Types, Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filte...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Surgeon Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.