Q. My husband is suffering from constipation and piles, but no bleeding. Please advise.

Dr. Kumar Sonal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 30, 2020

My husband is suffering from piles, but he has no bleeding. He has the problem of constipation due to this; it is very painful. Please suggest the best and latest treatment for this. Which hospital can we approach for the best treatment? What will be the expense for this?

Dr. Kumar Sonal

General Surgery
#

Sorry to hear about your husband's complaints of piles along with fissure. The route cause of both is underlying chronic constipation. That should be taken care of simultaneously. Taking a laxative should be of immense help. As far as the treatment of piles is concerned, it can be managed both conservatively as well as surgically depending on the grade of piles. A grade 1 or grade 2 piles are usually driven medically.

On the other hand, a grade 3 or grade 4 piles usually requires surgery. A thorough clinical evaluation by a surgeon is needed. As far as the type of surgery is concerned, there are many modalities, including but not limited to, hemorrhoidectomy, hemorrhoidopexy, etc. I would recommend stapled hemorrhoidopexy (MIPH). For an anal fissure, it often requires lateral sphincterotomy, which can be done in the same sitting or a later date. Get in touch with an surgical gastroenterologist to get your husband evaluated and decide on a further course.

|