Q. Had pilonidal sinus surgery before two months. Why is it bleeding now?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from pilonidal sinus. I have been operated thrice in the last two years and the third operation has been successful. In the other two operations, the doctors left some of the sinus in. My main concern is that, it had been operated and healing well. It was stitched and the doctor had removed the stitches. Everything was going fine. Now, it is bleeding after two months of healing. The ointment that they were using to put on my wound called Mebo and it helped a lot. Please help.

#

• As a matter of fact, the worst thing of pilonidal sinus is that it can be repeated after treatment including surgery.
  • Since you have been operated lately, I would recommend you to go through a cure of antibiotics as a first try. Because, it may be an infection of the wound and also a new infected cyst.
  • I would prefer Ceftriaxone and Metronidazole as a combination for 10 days. Keep the place as dry as possible, and do not set it under pressure. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • If the above therapy fails, then that should definitely be seen by a surgeon again, as reintervention may be needed.

For further information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|