Post Surgical Bleeding

Why do I get blood on coughing post tonsillectomy surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I got done tonsillectomy 10 days ago. Four days ago I went to the emergency room for coughing up blood clots, but we did get it under control. Now on day 10, I coughed up a smaller blood clot. I got the bleeding under control 5-10 minutes later. I need to know if th...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very common to have small bleeds or clots in the sputum post-tonsillectomy. There is nothing that you need to worry about. However, in a situation where you develop huge intermittent clots, it is always better to get it examined by the operating surgeon. This ...  Read Full »

What are the complications of trab 360 surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad had trab360 surgery, a relatively new technique for glaucoma, done on his right eye. When he initially got the surgery he still had vision in his eye afterwards. But, the next morning the vision in that eye got very blurred. Now, there is blood accumulation in the iris as well as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not panic. Trab360 is new technique performed for certain types of glaucoma in certain hospitals. Most common side effect is bleeding and probably that is what happened to your father also. With bleeding in eye (anterior chamber) his vision has deteriorated. Pa...  Read Full »

How to stop bleeding after vestibuloplasty?

Query: Hello doctor, My 61 years old mother underwent vestibuloplasty for lower jaws. Since she arrived, it seems to be bleeding. I know blood and saliva mixed together will seem like bleeding than it actually is. We live in an isolated area. And reaching a doctor was not possible. Could you please let u...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your situation. Bleeding after vestibuloplasty or any oral surgical procedure is normal for the next two hours. There are certain instructions you can follow at home to stop bleeding. 1. Apply pressure to the surgical site. Place a thick cotton or gauze...  Read Full »

Had pilonidal sinus surgery before two months. Why is it bleeding now?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pilonidal sinus. I have been operated thrice in the last two years and the third operation has been successful. In the other two operations, the doctors left some of the sinus in. My main concern is that, it had been operated and healing well. It was stitched and the d...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As a matter of fact, the worst thing of pilonidal sinus is that it can be repeated after treatment including surgery. Since you have been operated lately, I would recommend you to go through a cure of antibiotics as a first try. Because, it may be an infection of the woun...  Read Full »

I am bleeding after four days of tonsillectomy. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor,I just had my tonsils taken out before four days. Today, I took a walk down the mall and started to bleed a lot from my mouth. I rush to the hospital, and the doctor asked me to rest. As soon as I got home, I tasted blood and spat a lot of blood again. What should I do?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleeding after tonsillectomy is one of the most common complications. What you should do immediately is have some ice creams. This constricts the blood vessels and stops bleeding. Bleeding three or four days post operation is most likely due to infection. Are you under an...  Read Full »

Could stress cause post-hysterectomy bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, Five weeks ago, I had a hysterectomy along with uterus, cervix and fallopian tubes. I am experiencing light pink to red vaginal bleeding after dealing with high stress at work. I just had my second follow up with my doctor. She said that my stitches are intact and everything appears nor...  Read Full »

Dr. Abiodun A

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-hysterectomy bleeding could be as a result of infection or breakdown of the vault following sexual activity. Also, it could be a normal occurrence from the wound site in which stressful activity brings about the pain and bleeding as you are experiencing. My advice is...  Read Full »