Q. What is the real cause behind white heads and pimples?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I have an oily skin. For the past eight to nine years, I am having white heads and pimples. I used to get pimples on my back also. I have not taken any medication till now, but I am fed up with this. I used to think that it happens when you enter adolescence, but now I do not think that is the only cause. Now, I am 24. I have marks on my face because of this. Now, I am also getting pimples under my hairs. How should I get it cured completely? What is the real cause behind it? Please help me.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• Almost 90% of the people experience acne during their age from 15 to 30 years. It is because of the hormonal fluctuations of adolescence. However, the grade and severity differ according to the skin type and tendency.
  • Acne is mainly driven by the effect of various body hormones on the oil producing glands of the face. Additional infection by a bacterium called Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) makes things even worse.
  • The treatment depends upon the grade of acne that you have. It would be advisable to upload an image of your current skin condition as it would help to decide the necessary cream to be started.

I will suggest some medications. Please consult a specialist doctor and use the medications with consent.
1) Shadowz sunscreen for application to the whole face, daily in the morning.
2) Peroduo gel (combination of Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) for application to the whole face, only in a peanut volume, at 6 PM in the evening and to be washed at 10 PM. This has to be applied for five days per week.

1. Do not prick your acne.
2. Avoid junk foods and oily stuff.
3. Avoid sweets and high-calorie foods.

Revert back with an image of the current skin condition to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I am uploading the pictures.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

#

• You seem to have predominantly post acne scars and a very little of active lesions (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • For the active lesions, use the sunscreen as prescribed above, daily in the morning after bath for the whole face. You can wash it off in the evening.
  • Use the Peroduo gel only in a peanut volume for all over your face for only three to four hours in the evening. Use it weekly for five days. The Peroduo gel is known to cause dryness of the face and lips, hence advised to use a moisturizing lip balm.
  • In the case of any irritation, you can give it a break for two to three days and consider restarting. This treatment will be effective only to control the activity of the acne.
  • For scar correction, it would be advisable to consult a dermatologist. Scar correction needs surgical procedures such as subcision, to be followed by laser rejuvenation. It cannot be done with creams.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|