Q. Is chronic ileitis a curable one?

Answered by Dr. Sumit Srivastava and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Chronic Ileitis or Albendazole? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is chronic ileitis a curable one?

I am suffering from IBS since the last year. I am getting diarrhea whenever I eat outside food. Recently, I have been detected with chronic ileitis with activity after colonoscopy. I am ready to send the reports for kind perusal of gastroenterologist. Is it curable?

I am now on Mesacol 800 mg three tablets daily and Folvite 5 mg one tablet daily. I am also taking some supplements like Amway nutrilite multivitamin once daily and cod liver oil capsule two to three daily. I have already taken medication for last one month with restricted foods such as no tea, no dairy product, no fried food, spice, etc.

I also take cabbage juice as I have found that it is good for the disease. There is some burning feeling in the upper abdomen when I take lemon and tea. I am worried about what would happen?

Will it lead to cancer? I have attached the reports of my stool, blood, urine, colonoscopy and ultrasound. I am eagerly looking for your kind reply. Thank you.