Q. I am getting muscle pain in inner side of left foot while running. What should I do?

Dr. Atul Prakash
Published on Nov 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2019

I am a football player and I play wide receiver. Since last week I have been having muscle pain in the inside of my left foot. I cannot fully move my foot up and down. I tried ice and resting but it comes back when I start running. What should I do?

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

From your description, you may have Tibialis posterior tendonitis or plantar fascia strain. Assuming you have not gone over on your foot and sustained no direct trauma. What sort of level do you play football and do you have a team physio or access to a doctor? Ideally, have yourself examined if not I will recommend you to cut down on your sports till the pain goes away completely. Gradually return to your sports and if pain returns consult a doctor and get an MRI scan done. Take antiinflammatory tablets and ice it in the meantime.

Please help me with my left foot pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left foot pain, as I fell from my two-wheeler. I consulted a doctor and got an x-ray, and he said it's Achilles tendon rupture and tibialis anterior tendonitis. He gave me tablets for five days. But the pain is still there when I walk.  Read Full »

Foot pain started 18 months ago after running. Please review my X-ray.

Query: Hello doctor, Foot pain started 18 months ago after running. It has persisted, but the severity of pain depends on how active I am. Most recently, the pain has become more severe. Please review my X-ray.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for facet hypertrophy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now