Q. I have a painful white bump on my foot. What is it?

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 12, 2019

I have a white bump on my right foot causing pain and stiffness. I am confused whether it is an abscess or ulcer. I have applied antibiotics ointment and taken some antibiotic tablets as well.

#

• As per your description and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have a plantar wart on your feet.
  • You do not need to worry as it is a harmless condition and effective treatment options are available.
  • I suggest you consult a dermatologist for expert opinion.
  • As a first line management, I suggest you apply some keratolytic ointments containing Salicylic acid. If it is not effective, then you might require a minor procedure called cauterization to remove the lesion.

Biopsy.

Plantar wart.

Cauterization.

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|