Q. I have a painful white bump on my foot. What is it?

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P
Published on Apr 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 12, 2019

I have a white bump on my right foot causing pain and stiffness. I am confused whether it is an abscess or ulcer. I have applied antibiotics ointment and taken some antibiotic tablets as well.

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

• As per your description and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have a plantar wart on your feet.
  • You do not need to worry as it is a harmless condition and effective treatment options are available.
  • I suggest you consult a dermatologist for expert opinion.
  • As a first line management, I suggest you apply some keratolytic ointments containing Salicylic acid. If it is not effective, then you might require a minor procedure called cauterization to remove the lesion.

Biopsy.

Plantar wart.

Cauterization.

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

My acne spots are getting worse. How can I remove them?

Query: Hi doctor, My acne is getting worse. The spots are on my face, back and chest. I have had the spots for about two years now. How can I remove the spots from my face?  Read Full >>

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Use a salicylic acid facewash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples on the face twice daily and Benzoyl peroxide 10 percent gel on the pimples present on the chest and back twice daily. Along with this take...  Read Full

Does biopsy on a pregnant woman result in any complication?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and 20 weeks pregnant. I got an abnormal pap result with ASC-H. I had another pap two years ago and it was normal. My doctor wants to do a colposcopy and biopsy. However, I read that it does result in complication when biopsy is performed on a pregnant woman. Can I do bi...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation and concern. You have to undergo colposcopy and if necessary biopsy too. It can be done during pregnancy and the only problem may happen is mild bleeding, which can be managed. If the lesion is mild, then it can be followed up. Moderate to ...  Read Full

Can I use C Sora ointment if I have a fungal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Should I use C Sora ointment (Clobetasol propionate and Salicylic acid ointment) on my face when having a fungal infection?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clobetasol propionate is a mild steroid used to suppress inflammation and salicylic acid is a desquamating agent used to remove dead skin with a mild antiseptic property. If you have been prescribed this ointment by a dermatologist, you can go ahead with it otherwise d...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now