Q. Will post nasal drip cause a whitish lump in throat?

Dr. A.k.srivastava

I have a whitish lump at the back of my throat located on the posterior wall. I suffer badly from post nasal drip but not sure if this is related, doctors seem unsure and I am worried sick. Any input as to what this could be? Suffer from GERD, post nasal drip, have had blood at the back of throat over the area of concern previously (when the lump was not visible).

Do you have a question on Post Nasal Drip or Lymphadenitis?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. A.k.srivastava

M.B.B.S.., M.S. (ENT
Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

I understand your concern, it is most likely submucosal lymphadenitis of the posterior pharyngeal wall. This may develop secondary to chronic infection of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and throat. To confirm the diagnosis, you may go for MRI neck and FNAC from the lump. Most of the time it is reported as non-specific reactive hyperplasia which is not a problem and maybe leave as such but if anything special comes in FNAC then that may be plan for treatment accordingly.

Also Read Answers From: Post Nasal Drip Lymphadenitis

I have chest pains and a swollen lymph node under my jaw. What can it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have¬†irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and pain under the ribs on both the sides. It is not exactly like pain, but more of a discomfort. Sometimes, I get a short stabbing pain either on the left or the right side under my ribs, and it also feels something is moving or gets squeezed ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are: Strep throat. Pharyngeal gonorrhea. Tuberculous lymphadenitis, etc. To come to a definite diagnosis, please consult a nearby physician. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doct...  Read Full »

What can result in blood in stool with stomach pain in small children?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years old. His sonography impression shows the presence of sub-centric, nonnecrotic, pre and para-aortic mesenteric lymph nodes. He suffers from stomach pain and also has blood in stools. Currently, he is taking Mebex and Monocef. His WBC level is above the normal. Please ad...  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mesenteric lymph node enlargement can be seen in children without a cause, and it is called as primary mesenteric lymphadenitis. In secondary causes, infections like tuberculosis or enteric fever or viral fever can also cause it. Blood in the stool can also occur due to...  Read Full »

How to cure chronic post-nasal drip and change of voice?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I have been living with persistent allergies in my whole life. I have chronic post-nasal drip. I have lost my voice and get some sort of sore throat, whether that be laryngitis or strep throat. I had the same thing thrice in the past three months. This is especially dif...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said, you have chronic post-nasal drip with a change of voice. According to me, it is chronic sinusitis with chronic laryngopharyngitis. The diagnosis of chronic sinusitis must be confirmed and I suggest you get a CT PNS (paranasal sinus) done and send me ...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now