Q. My postprandial sugar value is less than fasting level. Why?

Answered by Dr. Raveendran Sr and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Post Prandial Blood Sugar Level or Low Blood Sugar Level? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 43 year old. My weight is 83 kg, and I do not have blood pressure. My fasting sugar is 102 and post prandial is 87. Why is it so? It is happening for the last three years. I am not able to reduce weight inspite of all exercises, and I eat just regular home meals with calorie consciousness. I am currently on 10 mg statin alternate days for cholesterol. Kindly help.