Q. When and how can I plan for pregnancy?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr.P.C.Pavithra Pattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 21, 2022 and last reviewed on: Nov 16, 2022

I am a 32-year-old married woman. We planned for pregnancy and tried for it. My periods are regular, and my last month's period date was 20 days ago. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern and will surely help you. For planning a pregnancy, the couple should ideally undergo pre-pregnancy counseling. Pregnancy is a joint activity, and now you both need to change certain things in your lifestyle and dietary habits. I would suggest:

1) Tablet Folic acid and multivitamin.

2) Take proper rest and eat a proper diet.

3) Refrain your partner from smoking and drinking or at least reduce it.

You also need to track your ovulation besides the periods and have intercourse during the fertile window. The fertile window is generally around your mid-period.

Feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information. Do not hesitate to contact me with any other questions on pre-pregnancy counseling.

Happy pregnancy.

|