Q. My pregnancy test is positive, but no sac seen in ultrasound. Why?

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2019

I had my last periods 51 days back. 13 days back my home pregnancy test was positive. But, no sac seen in ultrasound. When we checked at home 10 days before, again it showed positive. Sac was not seen today too. My hCG report is 188.19 mlU/mL. Please advise what to do.

#

As per your history, it appears that you are in 5 weeks of pregnancy.

At this time the gestational sac should be there. But, do not worry as your beta-hCG is showing pregnancy levels.

You should wait for one week and get the ultrasound repeated preferably a transvaginal one. That will clarify the situation.

• For the time being, you take good Progesterone support and avoid intercourse and exertion.
  • I think by next week the gestational sac should develop. I hope in your report of ultrasound the adnexa were clear.

Ultrasound transvaginal after one week.

Progesterone support .

Revert back after a week with the repeat tests to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|