Q. Why am I getting my periods when I am trying to conceive?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I have been married for three months and have a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days. And every time I try to conceive, I get my periods. Could you please tell me what the problem must be?

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. In my opinion, for getting pregnant, the sperms have to be released inside the vagina of the female. These sperms then need to fertilize an egg that is generally available around the female's ovulation period, which is midway through your cycle. Once the egg is fertilized, the egg is required to be implanted in the female's uterus. When a female has conceived she has signs like tender breasts, nausea, vomiting, and absence of periods. In your case, since it has been just three months of your marriage you can have regular intercourse around your ovulation period. Start with Folic acid and Vitamins, take rest and eat well. Also, just for your information, you are fine, and three months is a very normal period when someone is trying to conceive. Additionally, I will request you to share your husband's age and his smoking or drinking habits. You both can undertake a pre-pregnancy counseling and plan a pregnancy.

|