Q. Will abortion bring down the chance of future pregnancy?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

I am 31 years old. I just got married six months back. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Since it was not a planned pregnancy, I would not like to continue the pregnancy. Considering my age, please provide an objective view.

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I would suggest you to continue pregnancy as you are 31 years now. It is the right age to have a child.
  • Once female crosses 30 the complications in pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, thyroid problem and sugar issues increase. Also, the chance of getting pregnant is also not easy.
  • Women are having low fertility after 30 years due to chemicals in the environment. Think over it before taking any decision.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I understand that doctor. But, I moved into a new country and I am waiting for my new job offer. As I worked hard for this, I do not like to miss this opportunity because of my pregnancy. Also, if I did not get the job, then I have to stay away from my husband, which I do not prefer at this point of time. Anyway, we will plan for the baby after six months of my job. Will the abortion option bring down my change of getting pregnant in the near future?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you get abortion properly under supervision of the gynecologist, then it will not affect your future fertility.

|