Q. Will abortion bring down the chance of future pregnancy?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
Published on Sep 01, 2016

I am 31 years old. I just got married six months back. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Since it was not a planned pregnancy, I would not like to continue the pregnancy. Considering my age, please provide an objective view.

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I would suggest you to continue pregnancy as you are 31 years now. It is the right age to have a child.
  • Once female crosses 30 the complications in pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, thyroid problem and sugar issues increase. Also, the chance of getting pregnant is also not easy.
  • Women are having low fertility after 30 years due to chemicals in the environment. Think over it before taking any decision.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I understand that doctor. But, I moved into a new country and I am waiting for my new job offer. As I worked hard for this, I do not like to miss this opportunity because of my pregnancy. Also, if I did not get the job, then I have to stay away from my husband, which I do not prefer at this point of time. Anyway, we will plan for the baby after six months of my job. Will the abortion option bring down my change of getting pregnant in the near future?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you get abortion properly under supervision of the gynecologist, then it will not affect your future fertility.

Intermenstrual Bleeding or Spotting - Is it Normal or Should I be Worried?

Article Overview: Intermenstrual vaginal bleeding or spotting or bleeding between periods is considered abnormal and may usually require a patient seeing a doctor. It is also termed metrorrhagia. Normally, a woman has a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days with ranges between 21-35 days considered normal and menses can last for 2-7 days. Any bleeding out of these are considered abnormal.  Read Article

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Causes of Intermenstrual bleeding: Intermenstrual bleeding or bleeding between periods can be caused by a vast number of factors which may be physical or organic and psychosocial. If you are experiencing intermenstrual bleeding, then your doctor maybe a able to rule out one of the below most probab...  Read Article

Ectopic Pregnancy

Article Overview: In an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg gets attached anywhere outside the uterus. Ectopic pregnancies are very common and occur in about 1 in every 50 pregnancies. It is a medical emergency and if left untreated, can also be fatal. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha

What is an Ectopic Pregnancy? Fertilization of the ovum by sperm takes place in the fallopian tubes. After fertilization, the fertilized egg travels through the fallopian tube to the uterus. Normally, this embryo gets attached to the wall of the uterus and develops. In an ectopic pregnancy, the fer...  Read Article

Is the abortion process complete or not?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had an abortion pill. I took Mifepristone tablet first then after 36 hours, I took four tablets of Misoprostol of 200 mcg orally. At first, there was light bleeding during one hour then after some time I had heavy bleeding and it almost soaked two pads and it continued for ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you have not passed any tissue or mass like structures out of the vagina. So we cannot be sure about the complete termination of pregnancy. Presence of just bleeding does not ensure the complete termination. So our priority is to confirm it. Now it is a tim...  Read Full