Q. I have prehypertension and right-sided chest pain. What is the cause?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2021

I was diagnosed with a prehypertensive blood pressure of 130/80 mmHg last year. So, I am taking Telma 20 mg every morning since. I have reduced the intake of salt and oily food, and I did all the tests like 2D echocardiogram, kidney, urine, and blood tests, and all my reports were normal. I exercise every day for 30 minutes and do yoga. But, whenever I check my BP, it is always 130/80 mmHg. Four months back, I got a lipid profile and ECG done, those reports were also normal. But, I have pain on the right side of my chest, when I move my body from right to left. I took Rabeprazole and Dolo for three days, and the pain went away. The pain came back after a couple of days. What to do?

#

Thanks for your query.

• Pain in the chest could be due to heart pathology, lung pathology, neuromuscular origin or due to gastric acid reflux.
  • Since your ECG (electrocardiography) is normal, and there is no history of injury, your pain can be due to gastric acid reflux, which can be controlled by taking Pantoprazole 40 mg, before breakfast for seven days. Pantoprazole is better in controlling acid secretion than Rabeprazole.
  • Also, avoid smoking, alcohol, fast foods, etc. But, if the pain still persists, I would suggest you get an ultrasound of the abdomen. Thanks.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|