Q. Can a pre-ejaculate cause pregnancy?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I am a male. I used the restroom at a grocery store and realized there was some pre-ejaculate, and it got on my fingers. I did not urinate. I washed my hands with soap and water in a public bathroom sink. I fear that I may have gotten someone pregnant. Is there any chance of pregnancy?

Please help, doctor.

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you.

To get pregnant, the sperms have to be released inside the vagina. These sperms then need to fertilize an egg which may or may not be available depending on the ovulation pattern of the female. The fertilized egg is then required to be implanted in the uterus of the female. When all this happens successfully, a female is said to have conceived.

In your case, I do agree that pre-ejaculate contains a small amount of sperm to cause pregnancy, but the thing is that you have not released it inside a vagina. The sperms survive for a few seconds to at best five mins in an outside atmosphere due to pollutants, particles, temperature, etc.

So do not worry. No one will get pregnant, according to the details presented by you.

|