Q. Can urethral play cause premature ejacultaion?

Dr. Vivekanandan G

About 6 years ago, I engaged in some urethral play with my partner. I put a small pen into the urethra, only about 2 to 3 inches in. Since then, I feel I may have done damage to the smooth muscles in the corpus spongiosum or the tunica albuginea. I can feel, right inbetween the corpus spongiosum and corpus cavernosa what feels like an enlarged muscle and seem to run the entire length of the urethra, maybe compression damage done to something there. As a result, I have slight difficulty urinating and very very bad premature ejaculation which did not ever happen. I also have nocturnal emissions frequently on a full bladder. I know I may need to have an MRI, but if the muscles are damaged here, what are the surgical options? Can anything be done? I also tried Priligy and it made no difference (10 to 20 seconds).

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

First of all, let me assure you, premature ejaculation is due to excessive sensitivity of the sympathetic nervous system and not due to any trauma. If the urethra is damaged because of foreign body insertion, then the only problem will be urethral stricture, which will cause difficulty in urination. Also, nocturnal emissions are natural, although frequency might vary. If you still have doubts, you can proceed with ultrasound Doppler study of penis and cystoscopy. That would reveal whether you have suffered any injury in the past.

| 

What tests can be done for erectile dysfunction in a diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding a male, 27 years. He is suffering from type 1 diabetes from the age of 5 years. He is having an erection but is unable to sustain it during the intercourse. Firstly, he is not sure if he is suffering from ED or is it just anxiety. Are there any tests to be sure of ED? S...  Read Full »

What is the role of ringer's lactate solution in self insemination kit?

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with ED after a penile Doppler study and observed with low blood flow. We both have been checked and confirmed with no issues with HSG (tube test, semen analysis, etc.). As we want to have a baby, and all the reports are normal, (only problem is ED, not able to perf...  Read Full »

I have premature ejaculation after getting circumcised. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I had phimosis, so I got circumcised two years ago. But now, I have premature ejaculation after circumcision. I also have loss of sensation in my penis. Before circumcision, I enjoyed masturbating, but now I do not feel such enjoyment. What can I do? Was the decision to get circumcised wro...  Read Full »