Q. Does sudden PE point towards andropause?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Published on Dec 30, 2019

I am a 34-year-old male. I do not have any diseases or ailments. I am married for 10 years with two children. My wife is 34 years old with no diseases. I am suffering from PE for the past 6-12 months and use OTC desensitizing (Lidocaine) spray which has wonderfully worked until now. I never had erection issues and the intercourse totally satisfied me and my partner, but now I am losing erection when sprayed. We are a healthy, loving couple with zero habits (no smoke, alcohol).

I saw a sexologist who advised SM profile, Duralast 30, LOX 2% jelly. I want to hold on for a month before getting the complete hormonal and semen tests. Is this pointing towards Andropause? Do you suggest I get the tests done? Please advise.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I do not get what SM profile is? In most cases, it is not hormonal so I would never suggest my patients to go for it. For providing you the proper treatment I need to know the answers to the following questions.

What is your age? How long you had been in physical relationship? Any sexual encounter with commercial sex workers? Any history of diabetes and hypertension? Is the condition persistent or deteriorating with time? Is the condition remain constant with other sexual partners if any? Smoking? Alcoholic? Hyperlipidemia? On any medications or hormonal therapy? Any marked curvature in the penis? Any history of trauma, surgery or neurological disorder?

Do you have any of these following features?

Persistent low mood, loss of interest in work, low energy, lack of concentration, disturbed sleep, ideas of hopelessness, helpless, guilt or suicide, change in appetite, headache, forgetfulness, excessive sweating, or shakiness of hands? I look forward to hearing from you soon in order to find out the proper cause and thus to provide a proper treatment.

| 

I am 34 years old. I have been in the physical relationship for over 12 years. I did not have any sexual encounters with commercial sex workers. No history of diabetes and hypertension. My condition is deteriorating with time. I am not a smoker, alcoholic and no hyperlipidemia. I am not on any medications or hormonal therapy. I have very little curvature in the penis. I do not have any history of trauma, surgery or neurological disorder.

I do have:

a ) persistent low mood - at times,

b ) loss of interest in work - at times,

c ) low energy - sometimes,

d) No lack of concentration,

e) I have disturbed sleep ( I work night shifts),

f) Never have ideas of hopelessness, helpless, guilt or suicide,

g) No change in appetite,

h) No headache, forgetfulness, excessive sweating, or shakiness of hands.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

Take tablet Tadapox (Tadalafil and Dapoxetine) one tablet one hour before intercourse. It will help you in premature ejaculation as well as maintaining an erection. Continue using Lidocaine gel.

Also, use stop and start technique. It will help you in increasing your timing. (During intercourse when you feel to ejaculate, just stop for few seconds and do deep breathing, and then start it again). It is a very effective technique if you do it properly.

You can get a hormonal test, no problem in it. Review after 21 days or whenever you need it.

| 

I could not get hold of Tadapox, tried a hundred stores and also looked up online but not much luck. I am using Kutub 30, Sildenafil 50 mg, Dapoxetine 30 mg which appears to be of similar composition, it is working great for me so far.

My only fear is my dependency on the pill and its side effects. I am using it twice a week, it suits me well, with no headaches, blurred vision and helps me maintain a strong erection and also delays ejaculation. I have a normal erection without the pill as well but it is not as hard as it is with the pill. Will it have any effects in the long run? How frequently can I use it? Please advise.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

Continue tablet Dapoxetine 30 mg. Take tablet Tadalafil 20 mg, in place of Sildenafil because Tadalafil has very lass side effects when compared to Sildenafil. You can take it long time (no dependency) because you are not taking these on a daily basis. You can take it twice a week.

Along with that use the techniques, which I suggested you last time.

| 

Shall I take Tadalafil tablet to maintain erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years of age weighing 76 kg and my height is 5 feet 6 inches. I am unable to maintain erection. I have been experiencing this since a year. Prior to that, it was all fine and great. I have not had any other health issue and my BP, sugar levels, cholesterol are all normal. I e...  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

What are the long term side effects of Dapoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I have read 30 mg Dapox is effective for treatment of premature ejaculation. Can I start with od dose of Dapox? And for how long should I continue the medicine? Are there any long term side effects of Dapox? Can I take Duralast...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now