Q. How to control premature ejaculation?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 07, 2020

I am a 34 year old male. I am married. I have good general health and good sexual appetite. But, I am suffering from premature ejaculation from the day of my marriage. When I insert, the semen ejaculates within a few seconds. I took a test and consulted a sexologist. He suggested Nano-Leo, Uphold and Ultra D3 at night and Ultra D3 and Spem cure in the morning. When I took these tablets at night I woke up at night 1 o'clock with heavy sweating, nervousness, shivering and indigestion. So, I just stopped all tablets. What can I do now? We not yet had a proper intercourse yet. Please guide us.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I have read and understood your problem.

• Premature ejaculation is very common problem and is usually not associated with any disease. But, may be due to anxiety and sometimes however may be problem with prostate gland and thyroid hormone.
  • You can learn to control premature ejaculation by doing this exercise. Pull your muscles that you pull at the end of urination for few seconds then release repeat this several times daily.
  • Another is stop-start technique: When you feel that you are going to ejaculate stop the sexual stimulation and divert your mind, the penis will relax. After sometime start the stimulation again and repeat the procedure.
  • Over few months you will gradually increase your ejaculation time. Most often it is a chronic problem; you have to take medicines in between and period off medicine.
  • You can apply Lignocaine gel to head of penis 10 minutes before sex and wipe it off before starting sex.
  • Usually medicines like Dapoxetine 60 mg are given two to three hours before sex, but you have to get a prescription from your doctor. Best wishes.

For further information consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

How to overcome premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. Suffering from premature ejaculation. I used to ejaculate within a minute. I could not even control it. Feel very sensation in organ after penetration. Please help.  Read Full »

What are the long term side effects of Dapoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I have read 30 mg Dapox is effective for treatment of premature ejaculation. Can I start with od dose of Dapox? And for how long should I continue the medicine? Are there any long term side effects of Dapox? Can I take Duralast...  Read Full »

What can be done to cure premature ejaculation and strengthen penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male, height is 1.75 and weight is 83. The doctor has diagnosed premature ejaculation problem. When I was engaged in self-masturbation, sperm came out within one minute. Sometimes feel it was over and it should be ejaculated. But nowadays I cannot stop self masturb...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now