Q. How to control premature ejaculation?

Answered by
Dr. Purushottam Sah
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 07, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 34 year old male. I am married. I have good general health and good sexual appetite. But, I am suffering from premature ejaculation from the day of my marriage. When I insert, the semen ejaculates within a few seconds. I took a test and consulted a sexologist. He suggested Nano-Leo, Uphold and Ultra D3 at night and Ultra D3 and Spem cure in the morning. When I took these tablets at night I woke up at night 1 o'clock with heavy sweating, nervousness, shivering and indigestion. So, I just stopped all tablets. What can I do now? We not yet had a proper intercourse yet. Please guide us.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read and understood your problem.

  • Premature ejaculation is very common problem and is usually not associated with any disease. But, may be due to anxiety and sometimes however may be problem with prostate gland and thyroid hormone.
  • You can learn to control premature ejaculation by doing this exercise. Pull your muscles that you pull at the end of urination for few seconds then release repeat this several times daily.
  • Another is stop-start technique: When you feel that you are going to ejaculate stop the sexual stimulation and divert your mind, the penis will relax. After sometime start the stimulation again and repeat the procedure.
  • Over few months you will gradually increase your ejaculation time. Most often it is a chronic problem; you have to take medicines in between and period off medicine.
  • You can apply Lignocaine gel to head of penis 10 minutes before sex and wipe it off before starting sex.
  • Usually medicines like Dapoxetine 60 mg are given two to three hours before sex, but you have to get a prescription from your doctor. Best wishes.

For further information consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How to overcome premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. Suffering from premature ejaculation. I used to ejaculate within a minute. I could not even control it. Feel very sensation in organ after penetration. Please help.  Read Full »

What are the long term side effects of Dapoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I have read 30 mg Dapox is effective for treatment of premature ejaculation. Can I start with od dose of Dapox? And for how long should I continue the medicine? Are there any long term side effects of Dapox? Can I take Duralast...  Read Full »

What can be done to cure premature ejaculation and strengthen penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male, height is 1.75 and weight is 83. The doctor has diagnosed premature ejaculation problem. When I was engaged in self-masturbation, sperm came out within one minute. Sometimes feel it was over and it should be ejaculated. But nowadays I cannot stop self masturb...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.