Common "Stop-start Technique" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Stop-start Technique

The stop-start technique is a behavioral treatment used to delay ejaculation for men suffering from premature ejaculation. This is done by reducing stimulation or stopping sex when you feel like you are going to ejaculate.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have seminal leak and testis pain on excitement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing seminal leak and pain in left testis on excitement without sex. Situation worsens when excited after exercising. This seminal discharge is causing anxiety and pain. I am having this problem since last 10 years. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read and understood your problem. It may be due to infection of epididymis or prostate. You should do ultrasound of scrotum, prostate and also bacterial culture along with drug sensitivity of prostatic massage fluid, after which a course of suitable antibiotic ma...  Read Full »

I suffer from premature ejaculation. Please suggest.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried male, who is suffering from premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. I do not get a hard erection during masturbation. And I ejaculate in less than 50 seconds. I once tried having sex, but I ejaculated during the foreplay itself, so I did not penetrat...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Premature ejaculation is very common and is usually not associated with any disease, but it may be due to anxiety. Sometimes, there may be a problem with the prostate gland and thyroid hormone. Most often it is a chronic problem and you have to take medicines. Also, the...  Read Full »

I ejaculate quickly during sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male. I take Feliz S plus 5 for high palpitation and high BP. This tablet controls my stress and BP effectively and I am taking this for more than seven years. I have a sexual problem. I ejaculate quickly during intercourse within a few seconds. This was not happenin...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Firstly, I would like to make it clear to you that this medicine Feliz S Plus 5 is not a medicine for high blood pressure and palpitation. You have not given any information regarding your symptoms. Have you monitored your blood pressure regularly? What is your usua...  Read Full »

Can I know a permanent cure for premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I want to make it perfect. My sex time was just 10 to 20 seconds. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read and understood your problem. Premature ejaculation is very common. It is usually not associated with any disease, but may be PE due to anxiety. However, there may be problem with prostate gland and thyroid hormone. You can learn to control PE by doing this ...  Read Full »

Can Methyl tetrahydrofolate increase penis length?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I am going to get married soon. But I am worried about my small penis. The length is only 2-2.3 inch in flaccid state and about 3.7-4 inch in erect state. I would like to increase the width and length of my penis. Is there any medicine to increase the penis length witho...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read and understood your problem. There is no medically proved treatment for increasing the length of penis. It cannot be increased, unless you have hormonal problems. For which you have to test serum free testosterone and LH (luteinizing hormone) levels. Size of ...  Read Full »

I feel urethral discomfort. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel some discomfort in my urethra, which results in premature ejaculation. I suspect it is due to irritation from the intake of sugary food or any other food. The slightest intake of sugar causes premature ejaculation.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Intake of sugary food has no relation with premature ejaculation (PE). But, an increase in blood sugar may precipitate urinary infection including prostatitis, which may be a cause of PE, but this is very rare. Do you have any medical comorbidities like diabetes, hyper...  Read Full »

Does excessive masturbation lead to erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very sad that my penis is not properly erecting, and my penis is getting small when not erect. I feel shy in front of my girlfriend. I think I have erectile dysfunction. I masturbate a lot, and my penis is large when erect, but small when not. From 6 to 7 months, I am ejaculating ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Masturbation is normal and does not cause physical problems or sexual problems. But 4 to 5 times masturbation a day is excessive. If you want to reduce it, you should involve yourself in studies, games, and hobbies. Also, try not to remain alone most of the time and av...  Read Full »

I am facing premature ejaculation. How to correct it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old individual. During intercourse, my penis gets an erection, but I ejaculate in less than a minute. It is becoming difficult. I am losing confidence. Glans penis (head) is completely covered by foreskin and cannot be seen when tried to retract. It is painful and not po...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Premature ejaculation is very common and is usually not associated with any disease but may be due to anxiety. However, it is sometimes associated with infection of male accessory glands, which is treatable. You can learn ...  Read Full »

I ejaculate prematurely. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. Suffering from premature ejaculation. I used to ejaculate within a minute. I could not even control it. Feel very sensation in organ after penetration. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please answer few questions. How long it has been there? Let me know your complete sexual history. Since when are you sexually active? And number of partners? What is your masturbation history? Do you suffer from any systemic illness such as diabetes and h...  Read Full »

How to make my sex life happy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My height is 190 cm and weight is 130 kg. I have a relationship for about five years now and we are married for the last four years. We have a boy, who is 2.5 years old. I am an architect. My wife is 29 years old and she is an interior architect. But, she is not workin...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query thoroughly, but still not getting the exact problem. Please explain me your exact issue. I wonder whether your problem is that you like to have sex in the morning or low sexual desire or semen comes out early (premature ejaculation) or something el...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.