Q. How to prevent pregnancy without using a condom?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
Published on May 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

How to avoid pregnancy after sex without condom?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid the answer is not so simple.

However you can avoid sex in the unsafe period. The unsafe period is the period roughly between 10th to 20th day in a woman having a 30 days menstrual cycle. This period roughly corresponds to the most fertile period in a woman's menstrual cycle.

You can also try the withdrawal method where you need to withdraw just before ejaculation, but it needs lots of mental strength on your part.

Your partner can also use certain female condom or spermicides also.

Use emergency contraceptive methods to prevent pregnancy after having an unprotected sex.

But please keep in mind that, all these are never 100% to prevent a pregnancy.

Revert back to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I got my periods after sex. Should I take an I-pill now?

Query: Hello doctor,I had sex with my fiance last week but with precaution. Two days later, I got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant? Also, please suggest can I take I-pill now as it is just 72 hours post-sex?  Read Full >>

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your due periods have come on time then there are no chances of getting pregnant. So, there is no need for I-pill. Basically, with a regular menstrual cycle, your unsafe period starts from day-8 to day-18 of your cycle. For more information consult an obstetricia...  Read Full

I want to confirm whether I-pill is safe.

Query: Hello doctor, I just want to confirm that whether I-pill is safe. Actually, my wife had taken I-pill a month back and two days back we had again unprotected sex. Is it fine to take I-pill now also? Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to learn if she had a withdrawal bleeding in next five to seven days of taking an I-pill or not. If she did, then at what date did she had her bleeding as that would be important to calculate whether she was in her safe period or unsafe period. If uns...  Read Full

What are the things to consider before planned pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the best things one can do to get pregnant?  Read Full >>

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As with anything, having a planned pregnancy has a better outcome than an unplanned pregnancy. For both partners, adhering to a healthy lifestyle in terms of diet, fitness, stopping smoking and alcohol, and stress management are important. For the woman, in particular, we...  Read Full