Q. My daughter has crooked teeth. Does she need braces?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

My daughter is 15 years old. She has crooked bottom teeth and overbite. Also, her molars have overlapped at the back, so that the baby tooth is still on top of the adult tooth. Otherwise, her teeth are fine. But,  she is not happy with her smile. Does she need braces?

#

I can understand your concern regarding your daughter's dental health.

• First of all, I would like to advise you to consult good orthodontist for the diagnosis of the crooked tooth and needful treatment of the same teeth by taking the x-ray of the same tooth.
  • If the baby tooth is present on an adult tooth, in molar area, then your orthodontist will remove the baby tooth. Also, he will guide you for the needful treatment of the same and overbite.
  • If braces become compulsory, then go for it by following the guidance of your orthodontist. Such conditions need a long time for correction. So, do not worry as they are treatable.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|