Q. I am diabetic, and I urinate frequently. Why?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2021

I have a problem of frequent urination, and I am diabetic. Please check the attached reports and give your valuable advice or opinion.

#

The ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows enlarge prostate.

• You have urinary symptoms due to an enlarged prostate. The pre-void volume is 300, and post-void volume is 230, which is more.
  • Also, left kidney is small, and it might be non-functioning due to diabetes. You require getting uroflowmetry tests and DTPA (diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid) scan to check the status of the left kidney.

Thanks.

For further query consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

Thank you for replying. The doctor says that my urethra is small. Hence, the flow is not proper. So, I need surgery. Please advice.

#

• Yes, the urethra can be narrowed, but it cannot be commented on the ultrasound report. Did you have tests to check narrowing of the urethra like uroflowmetry or retrograde urethrography?
  • If the urethra is narrowed, then you require surgery. If the urethra is normal, then also you may require surgery for prostate depending on the uroflowmetry report.

Thanks.

For further queries consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

I have attached the uroflowmetry report.

#

I saw the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The flow is very poor. It looks like narrowing of the urethra. You require surgery.
  • If the narrowing of the urethra is present, it should be treated, or if no narrowing is there, then prostate has to be treated.

Thanks.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

Pfa herewith 3 Reports of Mr Hundekari at 3 different periods,one being the latest of today.Please go through the reports and let me know if Surgery is required for the patient.
# Hello....

Did he underwent surgery for prostate...?

Previous scan on 22/6 showed presence of prostate 40 to 45 gms.....
But as last two ultrasound scan shows there is a post surgical defect of Prostate ( post turp defect)....?.

|