Q. My prostate is boggy, and my semen culture showed E. coli bacteria. What to do?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am a 27 years old, and I have been suffering from pain during ejaculation. After ejaculation, I feel severe burning during urination at the tip of the penis, from the past six years. From the past year, at the time of ejaculation, the semen does not come out with force, and it remains in the urethra. When I urinate after intercourse, then semen comes out with urine. I started having erectile dysfunction also. The semen culture analysis showed E.coli bacteria. Since then I consulted many urologists and tried all possible antibiotics, but I only had temporary relief. Every time there was an E.coli infection, all the symptoms come back. After a physical examination, my urologist told me that I have grade 1 prostate boggy because my prostate was hurting when he was palpating. I have lost all hope, and I am depressed. I want to know about intraprostatic injection because it is the only thing that can cure me. The ultrasound and uroflowmetry are normal. Please help.

#

• Post-ejaculatory burning in a young male, which is not relieved by antibiotics, may not be of an infective origin. Do not take any injections in the prostate, as that may worsen the scenario.
  • I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  1. Tablet Dutagen (Dutasteride) 0.5 mg, once daily.
  2. Tablet Tadaflo (Tadalafil) or Modula 5 mg, once daily.
  3. Tablet Pregabalin 75 mg, at bedtime.
  4. Capsule Terol LA (Tolterodine) 2 mg, once daily.
  • Please share the uroflowmetry reports.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|