I am a 46-year-old female, and I have itching in my private parts for three days. I took the FAS kit on the advice of my physician but was not resolved. I am also a diabetic.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Thanks for reaching out. I am happy to help you with your query.
First of all, we need to rule out any infection if present there.
1. Is there any discharge from your vagina like white or any other kind? Because, discharge sometimes causes itching due to associated fungal or bacterial infection.
2. Do you have any burning sensation during urination?
3. Is there any pain in abdomen?
We need to treat the infection first.
Most importantly, you have to maintain good perineal hygiene like washing the area with only plain water as many times as possible and avoid using any soaps or detergent or any lotion there and wear only cotton-rich undergarments. Change undergarments two times a day. It decreases itching.
Please let me know if there is any discharge from the vagina or infection there to suggest you medicines accordingly. If you have any queries, please feel free to ask.
Thank you, doctor, for your reply.
I have none of the above symptoms, and there is no discharge or pain.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
Thanks for following up.
The itching around the vulvar area could be due to several reasons. There is no need to worry because it is prevalent among diabetic patients, especially in women of 40 to 50 years. Probably it will be pruritus vulvae.
The different reasons for this are,
2. Age-related occurs in the perimenopausal or menopausal group.
3. Friction from skin folds due to more fat near inner thighs.
4. Frequent washing.
5. Chemical irritants like condoms or detergents or soaps or scented toilet paper or nylon or different fabric underwear or douches.
6. Lichen sclerosis (rare and associated with thin white patches).
I request you to take,
I will suggest to you for seven days. If symptoms persist after taking, you visit a doctor to do a vaginal swab culture to rule out any other infections. Do take the medication on time for seven days.
1. Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once a day for seven days.
2. Can apply petroleum jelly (Vaseline no scented) for moisture if feeling dry.
3. Clingen vaginal pessary (Clotrimazole) one tablet deep inside the vagina just before going to sleep for seven days (As you have diabetes,there is always a risk of candidal infection).
Feel free to reach out to me for any queries.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Hello doctor, My body is getting severe itching after taking a bath or while sweating ... Read fullI am having severe vaginal itching in the night. Why?
Candid-V (Clotrimazole) vaginal pessary to be used in vagina for seven nights ... Read fullEvery night when I am about to sleep, my hand itches a lot. Please help.
.. is a common issue. The notable causes are insects, temperature changes, hormonal, internal diseases, and psychological. You need to rule out the cause. I suggest you spray insecticide in your room. The temperature change can present as a cold alle... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now