Q. I have psoriasis with flaky, reddish, and itchy skin at the back of my ears and temples. Please help.

Dr. Hari Pathave

I might be suffering from psoriasis. I have a flaky, reddish, itchy hairline, back of my ears, and almost on my temples. How can I treat that?

At first, I thought it was dandruff but as I started to see the flaky skin emerging towards the hairline and gradually towards the back of the ear and the temples. I realized it was something more so I googled it and I fear it is psoriasis that I do not have much knowledge about but I would like to take professional help to deal with this issue.

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatology Venereology
#

Thank you for providing information. Kindly hold on a minute, I am typing detail answer and explanation of your query.

| 

How can I treat it?

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatology Venereology
#

You can start Topisal 3% (Clobetasol plus Salicylic acid) lotion at morning and night for 15 days, Sebowash shampoo use duration bath (apply for three to four minutes then wash), tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night for 15 days, tablet Vitamins D3 60k once a week (only one day in a week) after food for four weeks. Apply Liquid paraffin at the afternoon.

Psoriasis is a kind of autoimmune disease, so with treatment, it will subside but it requires maintenance treatment for a little bit longer duration. Its tendency remains in the body for a long period. There are various treatment modalities available for it but they are according to severity and improvement.

Review after 15 days.

|