Q. How to achieve full erection while having sex?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2022

I am experiencing erectile dysfuction issue. I am not able to achieve full erections while sex. There is no previous history of this issue. Kindly advice the further action to be taken.

#

Relax and do not worry. Please answer these questions, Since how long do you have this problem? How were your erections before? Are you suffering from other alignments like diabetes and hypertension? Do you have the addiction to smoking or alcohol? Do you have night erections? Any other stress in life?

I used to masturbate from a very young age. For the last nine years, I used to have intense masturbation sessions until last year. I used to have these sessions at least two times a week. The sessions would include watching porn and self-stimulation, and I would prolong this in the night for up to five or six hours at a stretch till dawn. After that, I would ejaculate five to ten times continuously and then go to sleep. Over the last three years, I have discovered a method to stop ejaculation by clamping at the penis head at the climax so that I do not lose the semen.

Since last year when I have been with a partner and my penis would not attain the full erection when we tried to have sex. I am still able to ejaculate with hand stimulation and porn, but a full erection is not achieved. I remember my erections used to be normal, and I had morning erections too. I used to have wet dreams. But for the past few years, I have stopped having a hard erection or morning erections. I do not have diabetes, hypertension, or smoking/drinking habits. I may have been addicted to porn. I have a very active sporty lifestyle involving intense physical activity for two to three hours at a stretch. Apart from the daily stresses and some family and career stresses, I have no major stress.

#

After listening to your history, I strongly feel your erection problems are due to pornography addiction and masturbation habits. It is like an addiction. Your brain gets addicted to porn for so many years. Now with a real-life partner, your brain will not cooperate. You do not have any physical problems. I see so many cases of porn-induced erectile dysfunction. You have to strictly leave porn and stop masturbation.

Whatever you do, you should not masturbate at all. Your body will take care of. It will resolve 100 percent. But be loyal to yourself and stop porn. Meanwhile, you can take a tablet of Caverta (Sildenafil) 50 mg one hour before sexual intercourse (one tablet) and a maximum of two times per week. Consult your specialist doctor, talk with them, and take medications with their consent.

|