Q. How to convince my wife to see a psychiatrist?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

This is regarding my wife. From the past three years, her behavior is very changed. She is always rude to me, gets angry often, becomes violent, uses foul language, throws household items when angry, accuses me of having extra-marital affairs, and threatens to make false allegations against me. She is otherwise doing her household work as usual and takes good care of our child. Is it normal for a lady to behave this way or is there a problem? If there is a problem, then what is the remedy?

#

• This kind of behavior is not normal. However, the reason for such a behavior can be understood once she is evaluated by a psychiatrist in person.
  • These symptoms could be due to psychotic disorders, but it is too early to reach a conclusion.So, take her to a psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

I understood your advice but, at present, it is nearly impossible for me to take her to a doctor as she would not accept any of my suggestions. She believes whatever she does to be right and I am always wrong. Anyways, thanks for the advice.

#

• You can take her to a psychiatrist saying that you are taking her to some other doctor for a physical illness. At times, it may be required to take the help of friends or family as well.
  • Once the doctor evaluates her and makes a diagnosis, then monthly injections can be taken if the doctor decides to use that as the client may not be willing to take drugs orally.

|