Psychotic Disorder

What can be done to treat psychotic symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance began exhibiting psychotic symptoms nine days ago. He is 38 years old. He has no prior psych history or hospitalization. He is diagnosed with mild depression NOS. He takes Lexapro, Wellbutrin, and Suboxone. We know that this episode is not substance induced. He is currently ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Psychotic symptoms can be precipitated by different causes like intense stress, affective disorder, psychotic disorder, use of illicit substances, sometimes due to organic problems in the brain (like epilepsy, lesion, inflammation, etc.). In a way it is good to kn...  Read Full »

Why do I keep stumbling over words nowadays?

Query: Hello doctor, In general, I am in good health and a functional, if not happy, person. Recently, I have undergone emotional stress and strain which has brought on symptoms similar to ones I have had under similar circumstances in the past. This time, however, it is a lot worse. In the past, I have te...  Read Full »

Dr. Gayatri Saraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you making an effort to write in and seek help. It is not easy to go through something like this, especially when you know that it is not true. You seem to have had brief psychotic symptoms which can sometimes be brought on by severe stress. Based on the s...  Read Full »

Can Risperidone continue to have an effect two months after taking it?

Query: Hello doctor, I discontinued Risperidone two months ago. I have not had any psychotic symptoms. I believe my schizoaffective disorder is in remission. However, can Risperidone continue to have an effect two months after taking it? If so what is the maximum amount of time Risperidone continue to hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken Risperidone for four years, the brain circuits and its neurotransmitters had been under control. The medicine though it might have been washed out from your body, the effect of it remains for a few weeks to months and your brain circuits may start f...  Read Full »

Can psychological disorders come through genes?

Query: Hi doctor, I firmly believe that psychological disorders can come through genes. My mother had schizophrenia. I am so worried that I can also have it. I am depressed in the evenings daily, and I have lost a lot of joy in my life with feelings. I am thinking about the psychological disorders every d...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Psychiatric disorders including schizophrenia do not follow a direct mendelian inheritance, and they have multifactorial etiologies. If your mother has schizophrenia, then you have an increased risk of having schizophrenia or other psychiatric disorders. But that risk i...  Read Full »

Please help me understand a bipolar with a strip club addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to understand a bipolar with a massive strip club addiction. He is in debt, it is ruining his life and every relationship. He lies about it and his debt to everyone. They call and text him. What is in it for him? Is it just sexual impulse, is it for attention or contr...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you seem to be concerned about this guy. Let us name him Mr.X. As you mentioned in the treatment history, he has been diagnosed with bipolar illness type 1, with a few episodes having psychotic features. Let me tell you, it is reall...  Read Full »

Low self-esteem causing marriage to collapse. What might help?

Query: Hi doctor,My sister is 36 years, married, and she has four kids. She always faces problems with her husband. The same complaint is always there. He is humiliating me. He sees me as useless. He is neglecting me. He does not respect me. When I tried talking to her, I saw that her self-esteem is low an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very important to stay away from social media. It is not a true life. Make her spend time with family and friends. Fix her duration to spend time with mobile or electronic gadgets. Give her books to read. Divert her to spend quality time for creative hobbies li...  Read Full »

How to convince my wife to see a psychiatrist?

Query: Hello doctor,This is regarding my wife. From the past three years, her behavior is very changed. She is always rude to me, gets angry often, becomes violent, uses foul language, throws household items when angry, accuses me of having extra-marital affairs, and threatens to make false allegations a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This kind of behavior is not normal. However, the reason for such a behavior can be understood once she is evaluated by a psychiatrist in person. These symptoms could be due to psychotic disorders, but it is too early to reach a conclusion.So, take her to a psychiatris...  Read Full »

Kindly explain whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia.

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia. I have been taking Risperidone 2 mg for 16 years, Escitalopram 10 mg for 7 years and for hypertension Met XL 25 mg for 5 years. My cholesterol levels are normal. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke....  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your mental state, but at the same time I do appreciate you for being on regular medicines. However, even though your question is very direct, I am sorry to say that I cannot give you a straight forward answer or diagnosis. First and most impor...  Read Full »

Why am I hearing several voices and getting paranoid thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old female. In the past year, I had been hearing several voices telling me to do certain things. Sometimes, I hear things that are not really present. Often, I feel like I am observing my own life as an outsider and this has been happening for two years. I also have trouble...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you have been facing a disturbed state of mind. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indication of a psychotic phenomenon called as hallucinations. It is a kind of phenomenon in which a person sees unusual things such as pers...  Read Full »

Why is my mom adamant in her decision?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 63 years old. Always, she wants to go out and buy new clothes. She is adamant and not listening to us. She is having medicine Serta 100, Donep and Sulpitac.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you are facing a hard time handling your mother. The symptom you mentioned here are more likely suggest a disorganized behavior, which can be a part of psychotic disorders like schizophrenia.   Read Full »