Psychotic Disorder

Whom should I consult for my neuropsychological disorder due to small head and facial hypoplasia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 21-year-old male with relatively small head circumference and mild facial hypoplasia (midface region and in the mandible). I am worried that I have some mild form of undiagnosed craniosynostosis. My cranium is brachycephalic in form, and I feel like the back of my head is deficie...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and reviewed your uploaded x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) to explain that it is not suggestive of craniosynostosis. From the other hand, if you have had a normal education with no trouble wit...  Read Full »

I hear several voices and get paranoid thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old female. In the past year, I had been hearing several voices telling me to do certain things. Sometimes, I hear things that are not really present. Often, I feel like I am observing my own life as an outsider and this has been happening for two years. I also have trouble...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you have been facing a disturbed state of mind. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indication of a psychotic phenomenon called as hallucinations. It is a kind of phenomenon in which a person sees unusual things such as pers...  Read Full »

Why is my mom so stubborn?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 63 years old. Always, she wants to go out and buy new clothes. She is adamant and not listening to us. She is having medicine Serta 100, Donep and Sulpitac.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you are facing a hard time handling your mother. The symptom you mentioned here are more likely suggest a disorganized behavior, which can be a part of psychotic disorders like schizophrenia.   Read Full »

What is the suggested treatment for psychotic disorder in a woman in menopause stage?

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt seems to have a psychotic episode. She talks nonsense things, a few times a day. Mostly normal. Sleepless nights for five days. While nearing menopause she was prescribed Lithium, Mirtazapine, Olanzapine and Citalopram which she used for three months a year back and stopped th...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description and prescribed medication, it looks like your aunt may have been experiencing psychotic symptoms with an affective disorder. Additional past history and current assessment, will help to clarify the exact diagnosis. Mood disorders, affective di...  Read Full »

Can hair stop growing and start thinning because of psychotic breakdowns?

Query: Hello, I am a 36 year old female, weight 110, height 5'4. I have been diagnosed with GAD and agoraphobia. My symptoms are severe. I am writing to receive medical advice regarding my hair. I suffered a severe psychotic breakdown in October of 2017, and my hair stopped growing. It stayed exactly sho...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: hi sad to hear about your psychiatry problems but infact any stressful mental or physical condition of the body lead to to alteration in hair growth and thus hair thinning and hair fall so it is very important that first to treat your psychiatry condition do healthy exercises eat a balanced diet a...  Read Full »

What can be done to treat psychotic symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance began exhibiting psychotic symptoms nine days ago. He is 38 years old. He has no prior psych history or hospitalization. He is diagnosed with mild depression NOS. He takes Lexapro, Wellbutrin, and Suboxone. We know that this episode is not substance induced. He is currently ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Psychotic symptoms can be precipitated by different causes like intense stress, affective disorder, psychotic disorder, use of illicit substances, sometimes due to organic problems in the brain (like epilepsy, lesion, inflammation, etc.). In a way it is good to kn...  Read Full »

Why do I keep stumbling over words nowadays?

Query: Hello doctor, In general, I am in good health and a functional, if not happy, person. Recently, I have undergone emotional stress and strain which has brought on symptoms similar to ones I have had under similar circumstances in the past. This time, however, it is a lot worse. In the past, I have te...  Read Full »

Dr. Gayatri Saraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you making an effort to write in and seek help. It is not easy to go through something like this, especially when you know that it is not true. You seem to have had brief psychotic symptoms which can sometimes be brought on by severe stress. Based on the s...  Read Full »

Can Risperidone continue to have an effect two months after taking it?

Query: Hello doctor, I discontinued Risperidone two months ago. I have not had any psychotic symptoms. I believe my schizoaffective disorder is in remission. However, can Risperidone continue to have an effect two months after taking it? If so what is the maximum amount of time Risperidone continue to hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken Risperidone for four years, the brain circuits and its neurotransmitters had been under control. The medicine though it might have been washed out from your body, the effect of it remains for a few weeks to months and your brain circuits may start f...  Read Full »

Can psychological disorders come through genes?

Query: Hi doctor, I firmly believe that psychological disorders can come through genes. My mother had schizophrenia. I am so worried that I can also have it. I am depressed in the evenings daily, and I have lost a lot of joy in my life with feelings. I am thinking about the psychological disorders every d...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Psychiatric disorders including schizophrenia do not follow a direct mendelian inheritance, and they have multifactorial etiologies. If your mother has schizophrenia, then you have an increased risk of having schizophrenia or other psychiatric disorders. But that risk i...  Read Full »

Please help me understand a bipolar with a strip club addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to understand a bipolar with a massive strip club addiction. He is in debt, it is ruining his life and every relationship. He lies about it and his debt to everyone. They call and text him. What is in it for him? Is it just sexual impulse, is it for attention or contr...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you seem to be concerned about this guy. Let us name him Mr.X. As you mentioned in the treatment history, he has been diagnosed with bipolar illness type 1, with a few episodes having psychotic features. Let me tell you, it is reall...  Read Full »