Q. Why am I having itching on my vulvar?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I feel itchy on my vulvar. I am not sure if I am having this vestibular papillomatosis or yeast infection. It does not feel pain or sore if I leave it there, only itchiness. If I scratch it too much due to the itchiness, it will feel sore and a little pain.

Do you have a question on Pubic Itching or Yeast Infection?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Nadia Khan

M.B.B.S
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Is there any discharge like curd or any other kind is there as well? Because discharge sometimes causes itching and first we have to do the simpler treatments and if they are not prolonging relief only then we progress towards complex problems like you mentioned. Now what you can do is to take a single dose of tablet Canestein 150 mg to treat this itching as itching is most commonly associated with yeast.

And secondly, some other general measures are associated with hygiene like washing the area with plain water as many times as possible and avoid using any cosmetics there and also wear only cotton rich undergarments. These measures will also help in relieving your itching.

I have uploaded three photos. There is some discharge but it would not come out as in it stays inside.

Dr. Nadia Khan

M.B.B.S
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

I have seen pictures and this is clearly a fungal infecfion (yeast) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And the medicine I prescribed before will definitely help you out and you can also use Clotrimazole cream for local application for seven days.

Also Read Answers From: Pubic Itching Yeast Infection

Why are these itchy patches in my pubic area repeatedly occurring?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year old male with repeated ringworm infection. This started about a year ago with small itchy patches in the groin area high up on inner thighs and pubic area. These would go away with the use of Candid-B cream and Canditral and Itrasys only to return in 10 to 15 days after...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrence of tinea is most commonly due to either incomplete treatment or wrong medication most commonly the combination of a topical steroid with a topical antifungal e.g Candid-B (Beclometasone Topical and Clotrimazole Topical) or other similar preparations. To...  Read Full »

Can using Vaseline during sex cause yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor,I was having sex using Vaseline. The next day I found a rash under my foreskin and it is like peeling and redness on my penis head. I was having coconut oil for treating the itchiness and today I see red blood blister like things around the corona of the glans. My wife said she got yeas...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see macerated scaling and superficial erosions on the glans. This seems like a penile yeast infection. I suggest you take an oral antifungal such as tablet...  Read Full »

Has it been proven that shaving pubic hair is bad?
Query: Hello doctor, I remove my pubic my pubic hair often. However, lately I have come across some information on the internet where they try to give scientific evidence or studies or scientific view on why it is bad to shave pubic hair. Lots of the people have discussed about it, but they have not given ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The natural way like keeping pubic hair is good. Because, they maintain the temperature regulation of the genital area and act as a shock absorber from surrounding unexpected trauma. But, regular cleaning of this area is utmost important, which will protect your pubic ar...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now