Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I get frequent pus-filled pimples in my underarms and the groin area. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

Hello doctor,

From the past 2 to 3 years, I frequently get pus-filled pimples. I consulted two different doctors, who told it is probably a gland infection. They suggested medicines for months. When I take the medicines, I do not get any pimples, but they come back as soon as I stop taking them. From the past few days, I got the same pus-filled pimple in my groin area, below the testicles. Kindly suggest suitable treatment.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology


Welcome to

  • Folliculitis or acne is basically bacterial infection affecting the sebaceous glands.
  • Please send good quality images and revert. What medications were prescribed in the past?
  • I suggest you try applying T-Bact cream (Mupirocin) twice daily.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Hello doctor,

Thank you for replying. I forgot to mention that these pimples are also present in my underarms and under the testicles. I have attached photographs and my prescription. I am using homeopathic sulfur-based tablets from last two months. This medicine has helped subside the bumps, but it is not completely cured.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology


Welcome back to

I have seen the images of the lesion and your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • It looks like hidradenitis suppurativa, which is a chronic, suppurative, and cicatricial follicular disease of the apocrine gland-bearing skin. There is basically occlusion of glands with secondary infection. It occurs after puberty.
  • You have already taken medical treatment for this using antibiotics and Isotretinoin. But if you want complete relief, then consider surgery. Here deroofing of sinus tract is done by curettage and electrocoagulation.
  • Even complete excision of the affected part can be done. Co2 laser excision can also be considered.

For more information consult a dermatologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What can cause sudden tingling and itchy sensation?
Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.
Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have small bumps all over my face. How do I get rid of them?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small bumps all over my face. They are very difficult to pop and they do not hurt. They came out of nowhere, and now it is out of control. I do not understand what I can do. I used Proactive cream in the past when I had something similar.  Read Full »

There is a hole below my stomach with smelly pus discharging. Help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hole underneath my stomach and it is discharging smelly pus every day. It burst two months ago. It is painful and smelly. Help me.  Read Full »

What causes pus-filled bumps on the scalp?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am getting bumps with pus on my scalp. I have already contacted dermatologist but no luck. It has been more than a year I am suffering with this. Please suggest best tablets or shampoo.  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.