Q. I get frequent pus-filled pimples in my underarms and the groin area. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

From the past 2 to 3 years, I frequently get pus-filled pimples. I consulted two different doctors, who told it is probably a gland infection. They suggested medicines for months. When I take the medicines, I do not get any pimples, but they come back as soon as I stop taking them. From the past few days, I got the same pus-filled pimple in my groin area, below the testicles. Kindly suggest suitable treatment.

#

• Folliculitis or acne is basically bacterial infection affecting the sebaceous glands.
  • Please send good quality images and revert. What medications were prescribed in the past?
  • I suggest you try applying T-Bact cream (Mupirocin) twice daily.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Hello doctor,

Thank you for replying. I forgot to mention that these pimples are also present in my underarms and under the testicles. I have attached photographs and my prescription. I am using homeopathic sulfur-based tablets from last two months. This medicine has helped subside the bumps, but it is not completely cured.

#

I have seen the images of the lesion and your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like hidradenitis suppurativa, which is a chronic, suppurative, and cicatricial follicular disease of the apocrine gland-bearing skin. There is basically occlusion of glands with secondary infection. It occurs after puberty.
  • You have already taken medical treatment for this using antibiotics and Isotretinoin. But if you want complete relief, then consider surgery. Here deroofing of sinus tract is done by curettage and electrocoagulation.
  • Even complete excision of the affected part can be done. Co2 laser excision can also be considered.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|