Q. Kindly explain whether fat burner medications interfere with anti-rabies vaccine.

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

I am on an anti-rabies vaccination. I am very worried as I have been on other medications which I beilieve may interfere with rabies vaccine: 1. Modafinil, 2. Fat burner (ingridients:-yohimbine,bioperine,guggulsterones,synephrine,caffeine).

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

Internal Medicine Preventive Medicine
#

As per your medical history, I went through, I would suggest that the above mentioned medicine will not interfere with rabies vaccine. However, keep rabies vaccine as the top priority and if possible stop other medications till the course is done as rabies is a much more serious disease then fat burners.

| 

I have been off these medicines for 21 days but I still fear that may they interfere with my vaccination.

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

Internal Medicine Preventive Medicine
#

That is a good news that you are off 21 days. I would like to ask which vaccine are you taking and what is making you say that it is interfering? Are you experiencing any side-effects? And lastly where is the bite and was it a stray dog or pet dog?

| 

It was a rabid dog which was killed by an animal doctor but he did not bite me but a possible exposure was there scince I handled him and my hands have open wounds so I got tensed about the situation and came to know that many medicines interfere with rabies vaccine and I could not find if modalert interfered with rabies vaccine or not, also I am taking abhayrab.

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

Internal Medicine Preventive Medicine
#

Abhayrab is a very good vaccine plus as per your histroy there is no bite as such so you come under low risk category for rabies. Medications and vaccines work in totally different ways in our body and you need not worry as nothing will happen only thing is complete the vaccination course and everthing will be fine. Do not worry.

| 

Why do I get sudden jerks when I am about to sleep?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 31 years old, male. My problem is when I am about to go to sleep then there is a sudden jerk. I asked my wife. I do not jerk while sleeping or in middle of sleep. It happens just when I am about to fall asleep. Suddenly a quick jerk. It happens for a couple of times then finally I ...  Read Full »

Being vaccinated, is it fine to get 2 doses of rabies vaccine now for dog bite?

Query: Hi doctor, I had 5 doses of rabies vaccine along with rabies immunoglobulin before two years. A month later again, I was bitten by a dog and took three doses of rabies vaccine. Then after a year when I was bitten by a dog, I had two doses of vaccine. Now, again, I was bitten by a stray dog and took ...  Read Full »

Vaccinated dog bite my daughter. Is anti-rabies vaccine needed?

Query: Dear Doctor, My daughter is 5 years old. A vaccinated dog scratched her right hand with its teeth. There is no skin damage but deep red mark is visible. Is anti-rabies vaccine optional or compulsory for her?  Read Full »

Ask a Preventive Medicine Physician Now