Q. Kindly explain whether fat burner medications interfere with anti-rabies vaccine.

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

I am on an anti-rabies vaccination. I am very worried as I have been on other medications which I beilieve may interfere with rabies vaccine: 1. Modafinil, 2. Fat burner (ingridients:-yohimbine,bioperine,guggulsterones,synephrine,caffeine).

#

As per your medical history, I went through, I would suggest that the above mentioned medicine will not interfere with rabies vaccine. However, keep rabies vaccine as the top priority and if possible stop other medications till the course is done as rabies is a much more serious disease then fat burners.

I have been off these medicines for 21 days but I still fear that may they interfere with my vaccination.

#

That is a good news that you are off 21 days. I would like to ask which vaccine are you taking and what is making you say that it is interfering? Are you experiencing any side-effects? And lastly where is the bite and was it a stray dog or pet dog?

It was a rabid dog which was killed by an animal doctor but he did not bite me but a possible exposure was there scince I handled him and my hands have open wounds so I got tensed about the situation and came to know that many medicines interfere with rabies vaccine and I could not find if modalert interfered with rabies vaccine or not, also I am taking abhayrab.

#

Abhayrab is a very good vaccine plus as per your histroy there is no bite as such so you come under low risk category for rabies. Medications and vaccines work in totally different ways in our body and you need not worry as nothing will happen only thing is complete the vaccination course and everthing will be fine. Do not worry.

|