iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersMedical Gastroenterologyrectal prolapseHow to treat hemorrhoids with rectal prolapse?

My piles mass comes out while passing stool, and I have to push it back in. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At September 30, 2020
Reviewed AtAugust 24, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 40 years old. I am a patient of prolapsed internal piles of third-degree from birth. My piles comes out while passing stools and after passing stools, I push them back with my hands inwards. Sometimes I have pain and bleeding. Will rubber band ligation helps for this type? Does any other treatment help me? I have attached the photos of it.

Answered by Dr. Ajeet Kumar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can have third-degree piles or a prolapsed rectal mucosa. People with chronic constipation can have a rectal wall prolapse. You can differentiate it while examining the mass on rectal and anal examination. Endoscopic band ligation can be helpful if it is hemorrhoid. It is harmful in the case of rectal prolapse. The rectal prolapse can be corrected by rectopexy. It repairs the wall of the rectum. It is performed by a surgeon. So you need to consult a surgeon to differentiate these two.

The Probable causes

You have hemorrhoids or rectal prolapse.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ajeet Kumar
Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Medical Gastroenterology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Medical Gastroenterology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy