Q. Do red spots on penis and white foreskin discharge signifies STD?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Jan 01, 2020

I am a 30-year-old male. A few days ago, I had safe sex with a condom. Now, I have two red dots on my penis. It also hurts when I urinate. When I pull down the foreskin, there is a whitish discharge. I am pretty sure I have caught some type of STD. I am freaking out and do not know what to do. Can anyone help me? I want to know what this is? I have attached the pictures.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I understand that you are worried. This looks like herpes but to be sure I will need a few more details.

After how many days of the event did you notice these spots? Do you have any burning sensation? Are there any spots on the scrotum, lips, etc? Are you allergic to any medicine? Is there any swelling in the groin area? Have you used any medication?

Till you send these answers apply T-bact (Mupirocin) cream twice a day. Once you send the details we can prescribe you oral medication.

| 

After about two or three days I noticed these spots. There is only a burning sensation when I urinate for the first few seconds. Once the urine is coming out, there is no pain. It hurts a little to full the foreskin down. There are no spots on my scrotum or lips. Is this herpes 1 or 2? Or genital herpes?

Diabetes is prevalent in my family. I am not allergic to any medicine. I am taking Stanlip 145 for my triglycerides. No swelling in the groin area. Please tell me the name of the bacterial cream I need to buy. Also the oral medication I need to have. I used no medication so far for this problem.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

#

Start taking tablet Acivir (Aciclovir) 400 mg thrice a day for five days. Apply T-bact cream twice a day. Take a follow-up consult after five days. Do not clean the lesion with Dettol, Savlon, etc. Plain water and soap is fine. Wear loose undergarments for a few days.

In case the lesions increase in number or size or start oozing or bleeding visit a doctor in person. Also just to be safe get a VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test) and fourth generation ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) for HIV done.

| 

Please suggest an opinion about genital STD infection.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have an STD infection in the genital area. I want to know about it? Please suggest.  Read Full »

I am suffering from penile itching, and burning, with ocassional discharge. Kindly suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-years-old, male, married, suffering from slight penile itching and burning in the pipe (through which we urinate) at almost the end of the penis and some times little penile discharge with no color and smell, please suggest me the prescription.  Read Full »

Herpes - a Common STD

Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the clinical presentation and treatment of herpes. Read Article

Herpes disease is caused by herpes simplex virus. The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is a double stranded DNA virus, infects humans alone and is almost ubiquitous. There are two closely related species of HSV, type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2). They cause primary as well as recurrent mucocutaneous infec...  Read Article

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now